Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB and Web Hosting

Options
  • 11-02-2004 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm having some problem trying to host a personal web site using IOL BB, has anyone successfully done this? Is it allowed?

My details:
    Residential IOL BB
    ZyXEL 623
    LAN with two computers, one connects with BB the other hosts the site using IIS.
    Norton Internet Security
    Added port 80 and IP address 192.168.0.248 to the SUA details in the Web configurator.

I can see the site via the LAN i.e. http://192.168.0.248 fine however when I enter the WAN IP address all I get is Web Configurator not the web site.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

This could be more of a net / comms issue...

If you want it moved just ask.

Chief.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭theshadow

Yeah, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Hosting your own personal web site is a breach of TOS of IOLBB. I suggest you ring up and get your 50 megs worth of free space from them and use that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by theshadow
    Hi,
    I'm having some problem trying to host a personal web site using IOL BB, has anyone successfully done this? Is it allowed?

No, it's not allowed, it's against the AUP.
    But it sounds like you haven't got port forwarding set up properly. You need to forward port 80 of your computer on the firewall of your zyxel

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

Moved.

Chief.

• Advertisement

eth0_ ,
    The ZyXEL doesn't have a firewall per say . I added the port forwarding to NAT setting for SUA. BTW, I can ping the WAN IP address.

Just noticed it works fine when I access the site from outside the LAN i.e. I used an old eircom dial up connection.

Advertisement