Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

witnness..

• 11-02-2004 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

sorry if this has been asked/answered before.. but does anyone know what dates witnness is this year?
    thanks you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

I heard a rumour it was the 10/11 July but as I say its just a rumour!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

It is generally on whatever weekend the falls between the 10 and 14 of July and the same weekend of T in The Park in Scotland. The line ups for both festivals are similar (days reversed) as MCD promotes both festivals.

its gonna be called Oxygen this year cause its sponsored by O2.
    THe rumour is THe Darkness are gonna be headlining Saturday and maybe David Bowie Sunday.

AS the Pixies are doing the festival circuit this summer its possible they could be playing, someone on 2fm said they could play instead of Bowie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

Well I can tell you the Darkness will be playing Witness but I am not sure which day.

Also I Doubt if O2 will be sponsoring Witnness. Since the name is trademarked to Guinness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

AFAIK, Muse will probably play the Sunday. Their last Witnness gig was unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

Heres a thread on the Gigs forum with speculation, confirmation, etc. etc
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130463

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by cyberspider
    Also I Doubt if O2 will be sponsoring Witnness. Since the name is trademarked to Guinness.

Thats why he said that it will be called Oxigen (or something similar) as Guinness have pulled sponsorship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It's been announced on MCD's website that it's gonna be called Oxegen, will still be in Punchestown, and tickets will be the same price as last year and on sale from March 5.

http://www.mcd.ie/live/fullnews.php3?tname=1773492112&xname=oxegen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I suppose the "e" is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Blondie81

Can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...Can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...Can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...Can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...Can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...can't wait...CAN'T WAIT!!!

Sorry....I just.....er...can't wait.....
    :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement