Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Government BB Plan Slated (The EU average by 2005 one) .

Options
  • 12-02-2004 10:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

After this Post first appeared it fairly rapidly came to the attention of Comwreck felt compelled to write an article on the matter , as they do . It is linked in that thread.

That article on Comwreck was picked up by non other than Silicon Republic of all people , who reported on the Comwreck story and did a bit more digging.

As for Mucks first premise, that we could ( or intend to) catch up on Estonia and Slovenia , that was thoroughly discounted by a Dept of Comms source who spoke to Silicon Republic.

"The Department of Communications spokesperson denied that the Government was using enlargement to lower its broadband targets. “The objective would have stood if even there was no enlargement,” he said. “And I wouldn’t characterise all accession countries as [backward] – some of them are more advanced than us,” he said."

Am I surprised they refused to be identified :D

Well done all. Copyright around here rests with DeV but he can be bought off with gargle :D

M

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by Muck
    Copyright around here rests with DeV
    No it doesn't. Or Boards.ie. Copyright belongs to the author.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

These Dublin based feckers never cross the Shannon to stuff /me with the black stuff. At least DeV has some chance of collecting 'vicariously' on my behalf :D

The flow of pints between Silicon Republic and Comwreck is another matter entirely.

M

Advertisement