Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poledit type program...

Options
  • 12-02-2004 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Guys, anybody know of a program out there that works like the old poledit program for windows. I need one that will cover 95,98, 2k, and xp. And needs to be able to stop people changing display, time settings etc. I know that XP and 2k there is group policies, but i'd rather have a little shareware or freeware program that i can just install on each pc, make the changes and leave it....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

There is a program called Winlock that I used before to do the same as Poledit on Win 95/98 pc's. Not quite as powerful as Poledit though.

Why not use poledit? If you are using a network, you can set it up on one pc and store the .pol file on the network. Each pc will pick it up from there when they connect and Bob's your uncle (or Fred, or John, etc). I have it set up on a network at work and its fab - no more weird backgrounds, screensavers, etc.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Polonious

Does Poledit work for XP and Win2K though??? If so, then thats the answer...

Advertisement