Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Interview Segment

• 12-02-2004 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Piper's Pit
    Flower Shop
    Snake Pit
    Brother Love Show
    Barber Shop
    King's Court
    Highlight Reel

Best Interview Segment 8 votes

Piper's Pit
    0% 0 votes
    The Flower Shop
    25% 2 votes
    The Snake Pit
    0% 0 votes
    The Brother Love Show
    25% 2 votes
    The Barber Shop
    50% 4 votes
    The King's Court
    0% 0 votes
    The Highlight Reel
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Brother Love - Pritchard's faux paus preacher never fails. Altho you missed the Funeral Parlour, which wasn't great as an interview segmant, but you were guaranteed something was gonna happen. Hogan jumped from behind by Taker as the coffin opened, Undertaker locked in the casket... etc.

But out of the choice, Brother Love...
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

was it in the funeral home or the snake pit that the coffin got locked on undertaker hand? that was such a great segment with the undertaker actually dragging the coffin around behind him. i cant remember who it was that did it to him, think it was jake roderts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by whosurpaddy
    was it in the funeral home or the snake pit that the coffin got locked on undertaker hand? that was such a great segment with the undertaker actually dragging the coffin around behind him. i cant remember who it was that did it to him, think it was jake roderts.

Yep, it was the Funeral Parlour, that segment is shown in brief at the Wrestlemania XIII video. And you're right, it was Jake Roberts. In their feud two weeks before the PPV, he was interviewed. He slammed the casket on the Undertakers hand and then proceeded to DDT Paul Bearer.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Desmond Wolf

I tried to just list Interview segments that were hosted by Wrestlers/ Talent , not ones hosted by staff such Mean Gene or Todd Petengill , and i'd still class Vince as staff even though he is also a character on screen ( i know some would say that not a character but really him )

And i can't believe i left out the Parlour !

My only excuse is it was first thing this morning when i thought of the poll , plus my grappling database ain't what it used to be since i moved in with my girlfriend and my kid was born , i don't have wrestling contantly on the brain all the time anymore ( my girlfriend would disagree with this )

• Advertisement

Know the feeling, my girlfriend (and i'll need to be careful in saying this because she reads this board on occasion), would say that i live, breathe, eat, sleep and die with wrestling on my mind. This couldn't be further than the truth, although if ya start a wrestling conversation with me, i will talk until your ears are on fire!

And sometimes, she makes that mistake ;)
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

i voted for the highlight reel because its the only one i know well

and these segments are good for people who arnt grate on the mic, undertaker was already mentioned

Damn right, Undertaker is terrible on the mic. That promo he cut at the Rumble 94 before he "died" was one of the worst in history. And when he went on his "demanding respect" rampage is close second.

Followed by when he sat on the steps calling out the Big Slow to "fight him like a man!" ;)

Nero

test holds that title when he did a promo in the unamericans when he confrunted taker

Obviously you never saw Tugboat before the 91 Royal Rumble.

"We'll need 29 life preservers... life preservers and a BIG RUBBER BOAT!!!"

Even Test could look good in comparison! ;)
    Nero

• Advertisement

seen him on an old vid but never saw a promo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Voted for the Highlight Reel, but would;ve voted for the Funeral Parlour had it been there.

How in the name of hell can anyone enjoy the Brother Love show?? It was the most boring 20 minutes (if it wasn't 20, it sure felt like it) of television ever created. That ****ty music constantly playing in the background, and the guy himself enunciating ev... ery... sin... gle... vowel...
    And nothing decent ever happened on it.

Well to be fair, he was canned in 1991. It's not like there was much in the way of storylines back then.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Desmond Wolf

Brother Love was meant to be painful to watch and listen to , but he was also very funny , although the funniest thing to ever happen on it was when the Warrior came on in preparation for his career vs. career match with Savage , dragged Brother Love to the ring and gave him a right kicking.

Over all his show was so over the top bad , it was good .

Even though Piper's pit was a close second , he was the original King of thrash talking

That was in fact, the last proper Brother Love show.
    Dunno about Piper, I'd give Lawlor a good second there, he was just so good at making everyone, including people in the crowd so humiliated. :)

Nero

Advertisement