Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pub in ireland!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭garbanzo

My two cents worth would be Florrie Batt's, Henry Street, Kenmare Co Kerry and Culletons of Kilrane, Co Wexford. Two savage "real" pubs where you can just lose yourself.
    Oh happy days !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The Towers in da The Mun, no question

how did you post as a guest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 del-bhoy

If your in Letterkenny Mc Ginleys is a real gem super pint of the black stuff and also mentioned already The Cottage more a more rustic look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Got to be The Valley house in Achill for me

Seriously good 3 pour pint... open fire, unplugged sessions. Just great craic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

no such thing as a pub any more...

just high prices and **** music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Hole in the Wall or Monroes in Galway... Pizza... Great pint... Soccer. What more could you ask for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Lump wrote: »
    Think I've been to that place... Very nice from what I remember.

John

No offence but Ashes isnt even the best pub in Dingle.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

On this we have people from all over ireland . I'm thinking of leaving my boring little town for a night out so tell me where is the best pub in ireland

I don't want to tell you where it is in case it gets too full ;)

I would suggest Dick Macs in Dingle but only when there is a crowd there like a bank holiday weekend...otherwise you will prob get picked on by one or two local gob****es who are permanent fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dob74

In cork these are my favourites
    1. Tom Barrys on barracks street.
    2. Callahans
    3. The caslte inn south main street
    4. Mutton Lane inn
    5. Sin e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,951 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

thefloss wrote: »
    I don't want to tell you where it is in case it gets too full ;)
    If its in Cork you're alright. It'd take more than a good pub to make people venture into there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭JCDUB

Fair play Garbanzo, you must have dug deep to find this thread after nearly five years :eek:

My favourite pub is without a shadow of a doubt the Gravediggers in Glasnevin (the bar, not the lounge), never had a better pint of stout, always a few characters and it's proper old fashioned.

Bog trotters might find it difficult to find, let's keep it that way..

JCDUB wrote: »
    Fair play Garbanzo, you must have dug deep to find this thread after nearly five years :eek:

My favourite pub is without a shadow of a doubt the Gravediggers in Glasnevin (the bar, not the lounge), never had a better pint of stout, always a few characters and it's proper old fashioned.

Bog trotters might find it difficult to find, let's keep it that way..

God forbid they might add some character and variety to the northside...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Irjudge1

I would suggest Dick Macs in Dingle but only when there is a crowd there like a bank holiday weekend...otherwise you will prob get picked on by one or two local gob****es who are permanent fixtures

Jesus if thats' the case it's not much of pub by my thinking. If the place needs to be heaving to be good it then it's the crowd more than the pub itself. Good pubs I think always have a couple of permanent fixtured locals who want to have a bit of a gab.

But then again I'm a ****head of a pub snob and annoy the crap out of my mates by differentinating between bars and pubs. Pubs don't do DJ's, pubs don't change their decor every 5 years to attract the fly by nights, Pubs don't demolish the bar to build a superpub which ends up being a f'n barn. I like pubs where you can drop in at 4 in the evening and even though there is only 6 people there you don't feel like your in an aircraft hangar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

Proabably not the best but, The Harbour Bar in Bray on a Saturday night, Thursday nights used to be good, they had an Open Mic night, pretty funny, dont know if its still running.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,876 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The Sub in Crumblin.

Atmosphere there when Unire play the Scousers is just rapid. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Courtneys in Dundalk!

Advertisement