Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
  • 22-08-2000 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

guys i need some help!!
    i use win2000 rite but when i goto connect rite i always get 46 k and i cant do **** like my connection locks up. but when i get anthing under 46k im fine any ideas?yah i have pace but i allso get mayb 3-4% errors on the connect and about 9% on the compression so im lost guys any help b nice. tnx

Blasta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

yeh that sucks. i have the same prob tho, with win98.

i have to connect at 28k for it to work.

at anythink above 28k it will lock up, or just not receive data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

There a modem strings you can get to max your connect to what ever you want. You just enter your string into your modem settings in control panel. Like yourself I have an external 56k pace modem and without the string I get spikes the whole time and lockups. The string I have maxs my connect to 42k and its alot smoother with relitively no packet loss.

I'll try get that string for ya. Can't remember at the moment.

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭blaster

tnx alot guys but jedi sickboy gave me a string and it didnt seem to work but if u can get me mayb a diff1 for my pace that b great
    Blasta

Advertisement