Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi on Campus

Options
  • 12-02-2004 11:40am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Do any of the Irish colleges have a full campus wide WiFi network?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

The majority of DCU is covered by an 802.11g network. The dcu school of computing also have their own wireless lan.

DIT Kevin St. and Aungier St. also got wireless coverage late last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

In Queens, the Ashby, Kier, Crossland and Froggart buildings all have varying levels of 80211b access, as does the SARC. There are wired laptop plugin points on in the computer rooms in the Crossland Building, the Main Library and the Elmwood Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

While the new building in Kevin St has wireless access, internet access has been unavailable for about a month. I think smurfit (UCD carsyford) has 11b everywhere on campus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭callmescratch

ucd glenomena residences have access although a bit flaky at times, as does the quinn school (commerce)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

well ucd has it all over the shop, (but not in the ucd shop). On a standard IBM my mate gets it outside arts, and admin building, daedalus building, It also comes off the water tower (went as far as the gap before you head to the blue gate), Its also at the creche!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 8080

Originally posted by Superman
    well ucd has it all over the shop, (but not in the ucd shop). On a standard IBM my mate gets it outside arts, and admin building, daedalus building, It also comes off the water tower (went as far as the gap before you head to the blue gate), Its also at the creche!

Do you know if there's coverage in Belgrove ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Belgrove? now thats a good Q!!

I'd say so, defo happen within a year.

Advertisement