Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 Cannot Launch 3G services as they have no Billing System for them.

• 12-02-2004 12:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Thats what they told me earlier this weelk when I asked them about it.

Any plans lads? No,
    Any timeframe? No .

Any reason I should not go to somebody who can do it?

emmm emm emmm emmmmmmmmmmmm

M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Muck
    Any reason I should not go to somebody who can do it?

such as... not much choice out there at the moment ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Weeeeeel

I do have a 6650 u see so I can help the 'trials' . O2 refused to offer me the 'opportunity' .

M

did you get any response from Voda or 3?

sure if you were helping with a trial you'd hardly want to be billed for your trouble too ;)

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I would have imagined they would use their current billing system with slight modification....

Vodafone are launching their 3G date card in April/May to business customers supposedly.

Originally posted by DubWireless
    did you get any response from Voda or 3?
    sure if you were helping with a trial you'd hardly want to be billed for your trouble too ;)

As an existing O2 customer I have one of their sims , thats why I started with them.

Does ANYBODY have contact details for Hutchison 3G , I cant find any anywhere, Voda have a gimpy signal where I live, think its a sectoral antennae adjustment issue.

M

• Advertisement

3 Ireland
    Kildress House,
    Pembroke Row,
    Lower Baggot Street,
    Dublin 2.

http://www.3ireland.ie/

info AT 3ireland DOT ie
    Phone: (01) 4325020
    Fax : (01) 4328857

BrianG

you're a star :D

M

you're a star :D

M

DubWireless for the Eurovision!

Vodafone are starting their external trial soon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Can you get a 3 signal where you are Muck? I've not seen one anywhere I've looked... Have noticed O2 dotted about here and there...

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    DubWireless for the Eurovision!

i don't see why not :p - i can sing just as badly as any of them ;)

BrianG

• Advertisement

Originally posted by BigMoose
    Can you get a 3 signal where you are Muck? I've not seen one anywhere I've looked... Have noticed O2 dotted about here and there...

yeah have been doing the same, can pick up Vodafone's 3G network in most parts of Dublin and in some other towns, but can only pick up O2's 2G network in Dublin. Have not picked up three's at all..

Scanned Voda once in Galway City, thats all so far. The 6650 ain't exactly my everyday phone yet . I have been told my local tower at home will get 2 operators for 3G but dunno which two yet.

M

Ive played with a couple of 6650s but they have had test firmware that is badly in need of an upgrade. I've also got the use of a Samsung SGH-Z100 which is slightly nicer.

Originally posted by BigMoose
    Ive played with a couple of 6650s but they have had test firmware that is badly in need of an upgrade. I've also got the use of a Samsung SGH-Z100 which is slightly nicer.

Yeah the Z100 is nice. Video calls can only described as surreal. Mind you, getting download rates of 40kb/s is nice through the laptop :)

I managed to get the 3G MCC to give me ~370kbs once!! That was nice :D Cant get the bugger to give me more than about 70kbs again though. I've not tried the Z100 through the laptop as I dont have the CD and cant find the drivers on the net :( Out of interest were you using packet switched or circuit switched data from the Z100? (can you PM me the answer if this is getting too off topic...:cool: )

Well 378 kilobits/sec will give you a steady download rate of 40+ kilobytes/sec

Its packet switched, sent you the PM there.

You are of course dead right in your bits/bytes breakdown. I had enterpreted your 40 as bits :) Have had a steady 40KBytes this afternoon again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 abc123

Although the conversation has moved on since the original post I thought I would post this to correct the initial thread.

If you have been told that there is no billing available by O2 customer care then this is wrong.

I understand that the service is being billed for to corporate customers who are using the Nokia 6650.

I understand that more handsets are being tested but they are still to few commercially available handsets in the market.

Not sure if you have been able to get through to 3.....I called them last week and got through to someones desk based voicemail.....

Anyway hope this helps.....

Originally posted by abc123
    Hello,

Although the conversation has moved on since the original post I thought I would post this to correct the initial thread.

If you have been told that there is no billing available by O2 customer care then this is wrong.

I understand that the service is being billed for to corporate customers who are using the Nokia 6650.

I am one such Corporate but the Customer Care people were adamant there is no Billing system until I showed some understanding of what Billing systems do and then they went into denial mode and wittered about testing and stuff.

Not sure if you have been able to get through to 3.....I called them last week and got through to someones desk based voicemail.....

No answer to email and the website is the same buggy slow POS as in the UK.

3 dont really exist in Ireland, yet .

M

Then customer care have misinformed you. I understand that the billing functionality is very much available and already generating bills.

• Advertisement

I think that Customer Care were being honest about it , they were adamant that they could not bring up any billing / service info on their screens .

There may be a 'special' 'test ' group who can but the normal Cust Care people are outta the loop totally.

M

one of the (Voda) GPRS trials was run like that - handsets with SIM cards were supplied for the trial itself to the 'closed' test group - the instructions made it clear not to call regular customer support as they wouldn't know anything about it...

BrianG

That would make sense given the relatively small number of users...

Originally posted by abc123
    That would make sense given the relatively small number of users...

I concur. The normal cust care people should divert these requests to a special team who can deal with them.

M

I concur. The normal cust care people should divert these requests to a special team who can deal with them.

M

I would have thought that whoever is particiapating in the trial, would have been given a specific number where they can get support, 02's second line support maybe?

Originally posted by jesus_thats_gre
    02's second line support maybe?

ROLFLMAO !

Any request I ever made to speak to 2Nd Line support has been met with

1. being put on hold while 1st line wrote the question down
    2. suffering horrible hold music
    3. phone being picked up after 5 minutes
    4. monosyllabic answer to first part of three part question
    5. send 1st line off to get the rest of the answer
    6. being put on hold while 1st line wrote missing bits of the question down
    7. suffering horrible hold music
    8. phone being picked up after 3 minutes
    9. monosyllabic answer to third part of three part question
    10. me explaining that answer to third part is illogical in the absence of an answer to the second part
    11. 1st line appearing to understand the sequence this time
    12. suffering horrible hold music for 12 minutes
    13. phone picks up, different answer to first part of question, still no answer to second part and the answer to the third is totally illogical now they changed their answer to the first.
    14 Muck gives up again.

There is no proof out there in Customer Land that 2nd line support in O2 has an independent and sentient existance. Vodafone are an absolute pleasure compared to them with quality second line and published numbers for them , especially on the data side.

The first line in O2 is better and more pleasant than Voda in my opinion.

M

are you calling 1909 O2 Customer Care, or 1740 O2 Internet/WAP support?

that's two teams of O2 support that I use - have found their Internet/WAP support team is usually great in sorting out data related issues (CSD, GPRS etc...)

have had many of the same experiences you list calling Vodafone customer support (and some with their data support!) - find it can sometimes be a lottery effect of who your called is answered by in Vodafone (i.e. if they know enough to help / know to little to hinder)

BrianG

Originally posted by DubWireless
    are you calling 1909 O2 Customer Care

1909 .

Up to early 2003, a year ago, they did not know what HSCSD was ........ it always felt as if you were mentioning a horrible disease . They would then enthusiastically tell you they had widened the CSD slot to 14.4k (when they did so in 2001)

They did not know at Christmas that their WAP gateway did not support WAP2 despite the fact that the 7250i was nearly their best selling phone at the time. So much for free MMS offers for lots of people :D

I could go on but they are crap when it comes to data in my opinion, I think Voda are far better.

Its OK for voice and text though.

M

try ringing 1740 from your O2 handset to get through to a team of people who deal with the data side of things

calling regular 1907 regular Voda support for specific data related queries can be just as much of a nightmare

maybe due to Digifone/O2 not offering a HSCSD service could explain why their regular customer support wouldn't know what it was - sure you have to call it 'High Speed Data' (Voda's product name for HSCSD) before some in Voda know what you're on about - they can be just as upset with acronyms as the next person ;)

according to Nokia 7250i features it still runs over WAP 1.2.1 Stack - didn't they just enhance the browser over the 7250 to deal with XHTML?

BrianG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭pleba

They did not know at Christmas that their WAP gateway did not support WAP2 despite the fact that the 7250i was nearly their best selling phone at the time. So much for free MMS offers for lots of people

7250i works perfectly on the O2 Network so obviously works fine with WAP 1.2
    From experience, 1740 is the number to call for Data/ISP customer care in O2.
    These guys know all about WAP 2.0 so are obviously a Data specific call team

Advertisement