Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavan Combat Map Rotation

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

33, haaa me laughs at the youngsters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by the_syco
    That's old. The late 20's, early 30's age bracket are the "original" gamers, who've been playing since before Wolf3D came out.

I remember ole Wolf3D. I actually still have it on floppy too. I think I might stick it up on my ftp for old times sake. I remember playing it a couple of years ago and feeling quite sick after 10minutes. I blame very large pixels. I miss gaming on the 386 and 486.

Back on topic anyways. I would like to see Al-Kafor [whatever] Docks as CTF in. Its a great map on CTF I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Where did this clan spring up from :confused: and whats it called.Id say a second server for BF:V is a good idea because i think it's gonna be hugely popular.Version 1.0 of the Linux dedicated server for Battlefield Vietnam was released,tiz 100MB iirc.

CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

It came from the ether when someone decided to add a tag to their username and everyone else followed.

There has been some murmerings about it recently.

Youll have to learn the secret handshake.

Teh Fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

last night after the battle of 73 easting lost village come up instead of bocage whats up with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The Clan was formed some days/weeks ago.

Only one round per map now?
    And Market Garden came up tonight, where we were all magically transported back to 1944:dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Changed back to 2 rounds per map, rev must have changed that last night.

I also go this in the log file after I connected:

12/03/2004 11:08:53 : An invalid map/mode/mod combination has been removed from the map rotation: market_garden Conquest desertcombat

Fine by meh.

Luc

Here's the currant rotation:
    • wake
    • dc_lostvillage
    • dc_desertshield
    • berlin
    • dc_basrah_nights
    • dc_oil_fields
    • dc_basrahs_edge
    • dc_urban_siege
    • guadalcanal
    • dc_battle_of_73_easting
    • dc_no_fly_zone
    • el_alamein
    • bocage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

NFZ day two is a far better map than NFZ. In NFZ2 you have to trya nd blow up certain buildings at each others maps.

I think NFZ day on eis terrible as a conquest map.

The Fairy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Yeah, I agree.

NFZ sucks a lot. I got kicked for having a score of -6 at one point. I crashed into friendly planes on 3 different occasions :-(

At least if it were slightly more focussed it might make the whole thing end a bit more quickly :-)

• Advertisement

And back to conquest we go.
    • dc_lostvillage
    • dc_urban_siege
    • dc_no_fly_zone
    • dc_battle_of_73_easting
    • el_alamein
    • dc_oil_fields
    • dc_desertshield
    • dc_basrahs_edge
    • dc_basrah_nights
    • bocage
    • berlin

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

it was still on CTF tonight Luc but Hairy Fairy wasn't complaining :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

I was though as there was no time limit se and I know longer have the power to change it.

anyone think its a bug on basrahs edge where theee are still capture points in ctf mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

It's not a bug, it's the same in all maps. They give you an advantage of being able to spawn closer to the enemys base, you just don't score anything for capping them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Originally posted by Moriarty
    It's not a bug, it's the same in all maps. They give you an advantage of being able to spawn closer to the enemys base, you just don't score anything for capping them.
    Also, you can see all teh n00bs going around capturing only those falgs, and not the one at the main base :rolleyes:

Advertisement