Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q2 Team National Trials

Options
  • 21-08-2000 4:29pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here, I was having a look at quake.ie and there was a post by MindPhuck mentioning the
    trials for the Q2 national team.It says that there will be trials arranged after a meet on irc on the 27th, next Sunday.I fair want to be involved and according to what I've heard this competition is not anywhere in the forseeable future...so could whoever is in charge of this (NightStrike?) please hold on for a few more weeks or is it possible that I can trial later 'cos I cannot play from here and I'll be back in Plassey(and Ireland 10th) by the 18th Sept.Someone who is in charge/knows the details email me about this please:

mflanagan@lucent.com

(You must know that a succession of random head high slaps shall be dealt around in abundance if I miss this.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Good Point Marcus.

I too would be interested in trialing, but we will be in the UK along with a large portion of the irish quake community the same day as the trials.

I think the trials should be postponed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Prehaps the end of September would be a good time, or even a week or two later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 jimbai

Bossarky comes up trumps again, i too would appreciate a postponing of them trials. How was rome?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

After the fiasco of the last q2 national team, here's hoping this one actually plays a competitive game or two.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

You see, the Q1 and Q3 national teams were always well organised, does this indicate a superior game/group of dedicated players?

Regards,
    Rob

• Advertisement

More dedicated players/manager, definitely. Superior game, like fu<k :P

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

Sounds like fun...

Any chance we can do this in a nethouse tho?? I have no computer to me name until the end of September.

juNk

[This message has been edited by juNkie (edited 22-08-2000).]

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

so leave it till the end of sept so, handier for a lot of ppl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kerria

Agreed - End of September please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

loads of heads outta the wood work....sweet as!!

• Advertisement

Dave lad I thought you'd given up online gaming smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Indeed, I can already foresee the panel. [daLi] dominated no doubt.

keep your silly oneupmanship to yarself D.A.I.R.E.

creative. your comments i shall brush aside, for now, but once this thing hits the wasteland that is the Q2 universe, your comments won't be the only thing I'll be...B.R.U.S.H.I.N.G. A.S.I.D.E.

I would just like to let you all know that if Paudie Murphy gets in the vicinity of a pc we're all doomed.I don't think that Collie should be allowed trial though...I mean...like if he was on the team, then there wouldn't be room for anyone else.

Who is organising this Q2 National Team?...is there a web page for whatever competition?

yada yada yada

Conor my good man, I'll always have time for Q2....

So are we goin for netcafe trials or is it gonna be on-line trials?? on-line sounds sh!t.

The guy who is organising the whole schebang is called "NightStrike". He is Irish but does all his playing on the UK servers. Anywhos give him an eMail there incase he is not reading the boards.

nightstrike@eircom.net

From the conversation I had with him last week it seemed that it was a Lan Comp...so LAN trials would be in order. (I could be wrong).

Personally that suits me cause I have no connection and only play LAN anywhos.

But certainly while the interest is still there I think this thing should get going as soon as we can with respect to those that arent ready to play till they're back to college in mid Sept.

I would have to disagree there Collie.

I'm one of those that is waiting to get back to college mid Sept to get back into it.Kerria, PeeWee, Huge_Insect, Jay, Junkie, me, .....I'm sure there are many more, that was just a list that of ppl off the top of my head that I know won't be able to play till then and I'm sure that they would all be interested.

Even then after getting back the standard will take a few weeks to rise...what is the point in having these trials whilst we're(I'm) still trying to get into the feel of it again....

Hmmm...anyway that is my little rant, selfish of course becuase I want to be involved, but I think that it would be better if the ppl who are interested have a bit of time to get there acts together, etc, etc.

I would like if the trials were end of Sept earliest, ...better if they could be 2/3 weeks later...grrr, stupid co-op!

me thinks you misread me post BOSS.

• Advertisement

in what way LUMP?

With respect to = taking into consideration

Considering that Cyril did nothing but dish out abuse and generally act like someone with the mental dexterity of a brain-damaged dust mite ( (c) Nio 2000 ) towards the people who tried to organise the last q2 national team, the idea of PeeWee being on this one is a rib tickler if ever I heard one.

Has anyone considered that Nightstrike didnt organise these trials with UL uppermost in his mind, or indeed a college of any description? Mind you apart from Junkie the only people still playing q2 in Ireland are prolly a few in UL, and fair enough.

T'other question, what compos are coming up that such a team would compete in? Kinda smacks of the Irish TFC team windup on the HL board a few weeks ago smile.gif

what Collie?

I'm lost.

Castor, I came into the world after the last q2 team and my efforts to find out more info about it met a blank rebuff by certain folks.

Anyways there'd be a good few interested...and I'd say that a lot would be UL as I mentioned already.

[This message has been edited by BossArky (edited 22-08-2000).]

collie loves you

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

right sorry i didn't check the boards over the past few days but basically we'll be competeing in a league with other countries its likely to be net based frown.gif The trials are on Sunday however i know a few people are away so they are free to trial at a later date but basically i think if we get some players on Sunday then we can praccy and then the rest of you can trial when it suits you. my email address is nightstrike@eircom.net so u can email me and ask me anything you like on this matter and i will gladly reply. I'm also usually in #quake.ie on irc

NightStrike

okay....must have misread you the other night. But if its net based I am out. No connection worth speaking of.

If yas decide to have games on a LAN for either practice or for trials gis a shout.

PS Castor - The whole team will get nowhere if we drudge up the whole sillyness of the past Q2 national teams flop. People change. Even Cyril

Ok, so who is going to trial this Sunday out of interest?

Good that the rest of us can trial at a later time.

Collie,(after many emails) I apologise for mis-interrupting you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kerria

Always the same
    Lads jumping in with mis-interruptions

• Advertisement

well looks like thats me out too.

btw yis are fuked without the years of experience that meself an Collie would have brought to the team wink.gif

Giz a shout if a lan tourny pops up...

Advertisement