Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager (Championship Manager) 2005

• 12-02-2004 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

As Vagabond said in the other thread Sega have signed a 5 year deal with Sigames for the release of Football Manager 2005. Here is the feature list:

Updated user interface

Football Manager’s user interface will look markedly different to anything that has come before. Navigation between screens will be easier, with each screen explaining what information is on offer and how to get to other, related information. Consistency between separate game elements will also be more noticeable than in previous football management games: operations such as player filtering and sorting will now work consistently throughout the game. The game’s look – which now includes a two-panel option – will also be easily customised, allowing managers to store their preferred views and to return quickly to them.

Refined game engine

Sports Interactive’s long-standing and award-winning game engine has been refined and tuned in accordance with the feedback received from fans of its previous games. For example, Football Manager 2005 incorporates more than 30 extra fields for player data, including the all-new new ‘preferred moves’.

Updated database and competition rules

As has always been the case with Sports Interactive’s management simulations, Football Manager 2005’s database and competition simulation will be as up-to-date and accurate as is humanly possible.

Pre- and post-match information

Managers will be presented with enhanced information before and after each match, to show team line-ups, injuries and tactics before the match, and lots of stats about the match afterwards.

International player news

Managers will receive information on international performances, allowing them follow their players’ careers and ascertain how they are performing at the highest level.

Cup summary news

Events which unfold in each round of all of the major cup competitions will be delivered to the manager in a news summary.

2D clips from agents

Managers are likely to receive ‘video clips’ (executed using the game’s acclaimed 2D match engine) of a player’s performances, sent to them by that player’s agent with view to a possible transfer.

Coach reports on squads

In addition to commenting on individual players, coaches will now offer their opinions on the squad as a whole, thus helping managers to decide which areas of their team need improvement.

Job centre for non-playing positions

Non-playing jobs will be advertised through an in-game ‘Job Centre’, improving the manager’s ability to hire coaches and other staff.

Mutual contract termination

Managers will be able to offer surplus players an opportunity to agree mutual contract termination, which will reduce the cost of releasing players and trimming squads.

Enhanced player loan options

Managers can now approach other clubs to offer young players on loan, a process which will make it easier to give younger players competitive experience. Also, when players’ loan periods expire, the manager will have an opportunity to extend the loan (where appropriate).

Manager ‘mind games’

Managers can click on any other manager’s name and issue a comment to the media relating to that person. The effects of these comments will see an increase in the amount of pressure surrounding title races, relegation battles, Cup ties and so on. It will also be possible to use this feature in relation to your own players, other clubs, media pundits etc.

Further Features

• Playable leagues in 43 countries.
    • More than 140 playable senior divisions and in excess of 100 playable cup competitions.
    • Reserve and junior league competitions.
    • More than 235,000 players and staff (from 145 different countries) with players boasting more than 120 separate attributes and non-playing staff boasting 40.
    • A database of more than 14,000 clubs, 3,000 of which can be managed.
    • Data supplied by a network of more than 2,500 researchers from around the world.
    • Updated 2D ‘top-down’ match engine.
    • Improved ‘radio commentary’.
    • Increased interaction with the media.
    • Reworked injury system.
    • Improved scouting system.
    • Improved finance module to reflect the changing face of football.
    • Comments when negotiating with human managers (network multi-player game only).
    • Inclusion of U18 Caps.
    • More realistic awards system.

Screenshots: http://www.sega-europe.com/screenshots/01.html

Sounds great.:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

No sign of even a vague release date yet though?
    I'd imagine it'll be either an late summer/autumn release to coincide with the European 05/06 leagues starting or else a Christmas release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Looks sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Facny earning yourself 10 grand!!!. If I was any good at graphics designing I'd spend a day or two designing the logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Fianlly I can slag off Ranieri and his endless pockets..

Dragging all the good players to chelsea.. basterd.

Screenshots look brilliant, but i cant call the game Champo anymore..and Footbo just sounds silly ;D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

looking well :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

No way is this going to be better than SI's game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

That is Si's game

The big sports interative logo....and name in the screenshot kinda give it away

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭limpdd

Could someone pls post some screen shots of this.
    My server at work keeps blocking the http://www.sega-europe.com/screenshots/01.html site.
    :(

screen04.jpg
    06.html
    http://www.sega-europe.com/screenshots/08.html
    No way is this going to be better than SI's game.
    :D:D

[edit]Oops, IMG code is off:( [edit]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

doh so it is SI's game. Have eidos released screen shots of their game yet?

• Advertisement

they dont even have a game code or player database yet

Their game is going to suck donkeyballs "How much do you want to charge for pies?" i can see this being in their game :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Thing is, if they continue to call it Championship Manager, I can see there being a lot of pissed off people when they go out and buy the next release unaware of what's happened.

Well they do own the name so they have every right to call it CM5 .....And im sure they wont care if some people (mostly those that dont buy pc mags or read sites like eurogamer) buy the game expecting it to be made by Si games and not some cobled together team...........but edios seem to have a plan to destroy all their well know cash cows *Tomb raider anyone?* so Si shouldnt have any real problums

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

SI will be doing a lot of work to educate people as to what is happing, both games players and causal football fans who would buy the odd CM game. A lot of people who play CM would be 'joe public football fan' play no other PC games. Its mad really..

What I think eidos are doing is building upon an existing codebase (to start with blank sheets of paper would have been mad), and since their lead developer is Steve Screech (worked on kick off games), I would presume they would use the code from his player manager games (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005YWPX/026-3398759-3461232)

Thats just my guess mind I could be totally wrong. We'll know whenever their demo comes out..

Alex Ferguson's Player Manager

i think that game got 10% from pc zone :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by tHE vAGGABOND
    SI will be doing a lot of work to educate people as to what is happing, both games players and causal football fans who would buy the odd CM game. A lot of people who play CM would be 'joe public football fan' play no other PC games. Its mad really..

It is a bit mad alright.
    I can think of offhand about ten of my friends that play CM but no other pc games. None of these would have known that this was the last CM as it is now if I hadn't told them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

suprised it even got that much! just a blatant money making ploy. its like those new games that only allow you to manage one club (45 euro what a rip off!)

I assume most people who would play CM on PC have the internet and most CM players with the net will hear about the name change through other forums, Sigames and Sega. Then you have the marketing from SI, computer games magazine's and people telling others, etc, etc. The first FM will drop a few in the sales but when others are released they will get back to normal while Eidos will still be half way threw making CM2020.:D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Looks like a sweet game! I'll definately buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

It'll rock. Just like CM does. We all know it will. Have SI ever really let us down?Honestly?

I wouldn't read too much into them screenshots though. Apparently they're just mock-ups.

The new 2 panel match screen idea is cool though. Watching the match and a goal feed at the same time is the business. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I'd imagine it'll take a few installments before Jonny Mainstream realises he isn't playing SI's management game.

Look at the new Medal of Honor game. I know people who work in games shops and read mainstream magazines that didn't know it was produced by some cobbled together team at EA. They've formed Infinity Ward and produced the most excellent Code of Duty.

When EA do GoldenEye 2 I expect there to be similar confusion. It'll probably outsell the original.

Advertisement