Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

phpBB Teething Problems

Options
  • 12-02-2004 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Trying to setup phpBB, and having a problem ...

When go to administration panel, and user administration.
    And do Find username
    window opens, with option to enter partial/wildcards to search for...
    In the drop down box - it displays correct results
    however when choose one and click select - get scripting error :
    Class Doesn't Support Automation
    Line 243
    which reads :

function refresh_username(selected_username)
    {
    opener.document.forms.username.value = selected_username;
    opener.focus();
    window.close();
    }

from the search.php file...

[phpBB 2.0.6]

Also - im curious if theres any other way to see all usernames ?
    This system doesn't seem to be aimed towards a high-load board - as in if you have 10 users registering, have to select each username + activate them manually ;/

Any other suggestions for forums software would be nice [although vB is little out of my budget - college bum, doing this for NetSoc - and vB didnt see it fit to sponcer me by giving me free software]

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

IIRC, There should be a link on the main boards to a members list. As an admin, the full list should be visible.

As for activating, perhaps you may be better off with user activation. It requires them to have a valid email address, and like boards, allows you to ban people until they run out of addresses :)

(Sorry, I haven't used phpBB in a while, and have no active one to test on :))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

well this is only test so doesn't matter too much - but for finished product i'll need it working - as will be private forum ...

and I still want to get the whole erorr thing fixed - dislike errors ;/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

ehmmm
    *look of stupidity*
    ...it was IE6's feicup .... so i'll just go back to my corner...

Advertisement