Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom announce 25% drop in Wholesale RADSL price

• 12-02-2004 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

Which should mean a 25% price drop from ALL retail variants such as IOL Netsource UTV and Eircom Retail . This is allegedly effective 1st March . Story Here

No news on install costs and so on.

M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

So that means a 7 euro drop from UTV and ESAT/IOLBB?, because the drop is from 27 to 20 so surely that is all the resellers will be able to drop?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    So that means a 7 euro drop from UTV and ESAT/IOLBB?, because the drop is from 27 to 20 so surely that is all the resellers will be able to drop?.
    €7 plus VAT!

Originally posted by Ripwave
    €7 plus VAT!
    YEE 10 euro fantastic - what I'd really like is to get rid of this crappy cap:mad:, right now I have BB for the first 10 days of the month and then it's gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Then stop breaking the cap or cancel your iol bb and go with 365 hosting bb

Originally posted by bizmark
    Then stop breaking the cap or cancel your iol bb and go with 365 hosting bb
    Dont wanna pay an arm and a leg for a service that the rest of Europe takes for granted.

• Advertisement

well you dont live in the rest of the eu so you have 2 very limited couses A.Stop brakeing the cap b.Go with a provider that costs more but has a bigger or no cap (netsource 365)

well you dont live in the rest of the eu so you have 2 very limited couses A.Stop brakeing the cap b.Go with a provider that costs more but has a bigger or no cap (netsource 365)
    Ye but bizmark I don't have to like it - that's why I'm complaining about the crappy service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

How will things change unless people bitch and moadn and put pressure upon the ISPs and Regulators so that we can move closer to getting what we want?

i know that Syx but theirs really no point complaning if your the one breaking the cap ....You know what your allowed to do and breaking the cap then getting cut off for 20 days + only puts you out not Esat and co

i know that Syx but theirs really no point complaning if your the one breaking the cap ....You know what your allowed to do and breaking the cap then getting cut off for 20 days + only puts you out not Esat and co
    Except that my cap says 0.0GB and has said that for the last half a month, if it had said 7.5GB I would have stoped downloading right then and there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

If they impose a cap ComReg should enforce the implementation of a monitoring system so that customers can know, accurately and at any time, how much they've transferred/how close they are to the cap limit.

If the connection is shared between several people in the house, monitoring the bandwidth is damn hard.

Originally posted by SyxPak
    If the connection is shared between several people in the house, monitoring the bandwidth is damn hard.
    That's you're problem, not theirs - they're pretty up front about not supporting multiple connections.

When you get a phone bill, you don't know how much it's going to be for until you get it. It's your responsilility to keep tabs on your usage (even if you've got several people in the house using the phone. It's not obvious to me why DSL should be any different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Have any of the others made public the drop in their prices?
    I saw clicksilver was dropped to 38ish a month. Any info on what iol or ns are doing?

When you get a phone bill, you don't know how much it's going to be for until you get it.
    There is no cap on phone usage
    It's not obvious to me why DSL should be any different.
    Seems obvious to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    Seems obvious to me.

Seems obvious to me too. Phones are not supposed to be Always On .

M

Originally posted by Muck
    Phones are not supposed to be Always On .
    Funny, any time I pick my phone up, I get a dial tone. When if your phone turned off, Muck?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

Pedant :p

Any time I open the fridge, the light is on :rolleyes:

Advertisement