Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FM Tuner card

• 12-02-2004 3:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭

Do I have to get a TV tuner card to have FM tuner capabilites? Or can I just purchase an FM tuner card from somewhere? What's the best tuner card?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Has anyone any advice on FM Tuner cards if there are such things?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Nah, you can buy FM tuner cards that do not have TV functionality..
    I remember seeing them on that crappy Scan.co.uk site, very cheap..
    In fact, I think they gave them away for free when you purchased a larger product.

This is the kind of thing you are looking for, right?

Ahh, Here's the one I was thinking of.. Remember seeing this on Scan for about a tenner (Sterling).

Originally posted by Krusty_Clown
    Nah, you can buy FM tuner cards that do not have TV functionality..
    I remember seeing them on that crappy Scan.co.uk site, very cheap..
    In fact, I think they gave them away for free when you purchased a larger product.

This is the kind of thing you are looking for, right?

Ahh, Here's the one I was thinking of.. Remember seeing this on Scan for about a tenner (Sterling).
    Yeah, I'm looking for something exactly like that. Would prefer if I could get one in Ireland. I'm building a new pc and want to be able to listen/record radio as I won't have a stereo in the room. Might have a look in retail outlets like PC World or maplin. Don't want to spend more than €40 on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

I got one of these in Maplin's a couple of years ago. It's usb though but works great. Can't remember what I paid for it.

http://www.gamersdepot.com/accessories/dlink/usb_radio/rev_d-link_usb_radio_a.htm

http://www.duxcw.com/digest/Reviews/usb/dlink/usbradio/usbradio.htm

Cheers guys. Looks like I'll have to buy it from the US as I can't find a dedicated FM Tuner card on the net in Europe. Cadet and D-Link are the ones I'll be looking out for. Don't need/want a TV card at all. Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement