Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kevin shields

• 12-02-2004 3:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭

I heard kevin shields for the first time on the "Lost in translation" soundtrack,
    who the hell is he ? I was suprised to learn he is Irish, is the rest of his stuff any good at all ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

you never heard of My Bloody Valentine ?!?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭MDR

vaguely ....

Thought it was a horror movie or something ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

It is a horror movie.
    That's where they got the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Get yourself My Bloody Valintine's two fantastic albums "isnt anything" and "Loveless"
    Loveless constanly get voted one of the best albums of all time in magazine polls and kevin sheilds was recently voted number 95 in some best guitarst of all time.
    He is also now a member of primal scream but im not a big fan of their recent stuff.
    but "ist anything and loveless" are absolutly essential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Envy

you never heard of My Bloody Valentine ?!?!?

Why does it come as such a surprise that someone hasn't heard of My Bloody Valentine?

Hardly anyone seems to know who they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

loveless is a work of genius. astonishingly complex arrangemnts, sonically epic and muted at the same time and quite unlike anything else you will have ever heard(well maybe a bit like the cocteau twins). isnt anything never caught me. it reminds me far too much of psychocandy by jamc, all feedback and not a lot else.

if you can bring yourself to justify paying 20 quid in tower records for an ep buy tremolo. the track swallow is worth the price alone.

I always considered Rivers Cuomo to be the laziest man in music but Kevin Shields tops it now. 13 years since his last albumn and all he could manage was 12 minutes of incedental music(fantasic notheless) for lost in translation.

[edit]wow, there is so much ****e written there i could apply for a job writing reviews for nme[/edit]

Advertisement