Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 Jump Dist and Framerate...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Thats some fairly serious that lad has done. There were certain jumps in q2 also that were only possible if you could get 80fps and upwards e.g. jumping from the ground onto the boxes where the grenade launcher is on dm8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

yeah...that one for sure but i also think that jump from the chaingun stairs in q2dm1 right to the very top of the armour box was one aswell. There maybe more. Slur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

So then, most people should set their frames to 120, people with good machines to 140 and people with utter kick ass machines 170.

[This message has been edited by El_Presidente (edited 23-08-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

nope....

you should set you optimal jump com_maxfps to slightly below the worst fps you'll get in general gameplay...ie with rockets and explosions and car crashes etc. etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

so in that case ill be putting mine at 140 smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Sonic - "hawwwwwwwwwww-click"

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

/me gives the Overlord stare

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

maybe if you increase the bus speed or something??
    or even up the voltage by .5

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Increase your megabits by the factor of the traceroute I say.

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

what about presssing the jump button harder?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Rapier-q3

how about guessing your best framerate? thats what i did......75 on the spot eh?

Advertisement