Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Problem

Options
  • 12-02-2004 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

I must have sorted this about 30 times but cant for the life of me remember how i did it the last time,

Ever 5 mins , my system tries to access the floppy drive for no reason, how do i stop it form doing this ,

using windows 98 by the way

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

pull the power cable out of your floppy drive ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

ah no, (smart arse) kinda need it the company is old and lazy , lots of stuff still on floppies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

would it be accesing the floppy because what you are working on was stored on a floppy and it is auto-saving? i know word does this and many other programs

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Alanm

Do you have an explorer window open on the A: drive? Or possibly your anti-virus software trying to scan it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

no i am not using any thing , the drive is empty, and my virus scan only scans A: if a direct it to. I have had do sort on the other systems iin the building before, just went i went to do my own ..................blank

• Advertisement
Advertisement