Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saha gets france call up

• 12-02-2004 5:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

To be expected with his form really, first chance he has to prove himself at full international level ahead of euro 2004. Thoguht he might be of interest to some members of the board, who believe that being a full international would determine his worth as a player

The squad in full: Fabien Barthez (Marseille), Gregory Coupet (Lyon), Jean-Alain Boumsong (Auxerre), Marcel Desailly (Chelsea), William Gallas (Chelsea), Bixente Lizarazu (Bayern Munich), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich), Mikael Silvestre (Manchested United), Lilian Thuram (Juventus), Olivier Dacourt (Roma), Claude Makelele (Chelsea), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Jerome Rothen (AS Monaco), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid), Sidney Govou (Olympique Lyon), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Pegguy Luyindula (Olympique Lyon), Louis Saha (Manchester United), David Trezeguet (Juventus)

john

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Good boost for his confidence, but failing something disasterous to Henry & Trezeguet who are more or less the same age, he'll never be more than a benchwarmer. That's assuming he can get ahead of the likes of Cisse & Govou (and possibly Anelka) first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Don't think Anelka will be getting the call, he fell out with the french management as far as i remember, very difficult to get back in with them....near impossible infact

john

• Closed Accounts Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Ronaldo7

I think he may get ahead of Trezeguet if he plays well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by Ronaldo7
    I think he may get ahead of Trezeguet if he plays well.
    hahahah sure, there is no chance of that happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Can't see him replacing Henry or Trez, never know tho injurys and stuff, france do change their team alot in tournaments dont they?

See Ronaldo is in the Portugal squad too now....good news for the 'youngster'

john

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

Originally posted by johnor

The squad in full: Fabien Barthez (Marseille), Gregory Coupet (Lyon), Jean-Alain Boumsong (Auxerre), Marcel Desailly (Chelsea), William Gallas (Chelsea), Bixente Lizarazu (Bayern Munich), Willy Sagnol (Bayern Munich), Mikael Silvestre (Manchested United), Lilian Thuram (Juventus), Olivier Dacourt (Roma), Claude Makelele (Chelsea), Robert Pires (Arsenal), Jerome Rothen (AS Monaco), Patrick Vieira (Arsenal), Zinedine Zidane (Real Madrid), Sidney Govou (Olympique Lyon), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Pegguy Luyindula (Olympique Lyon), Louis Saha (Manchester United), David Trezeguet (Juventus)

can't believe desailly is still in there!! i think that his day is up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭James R

Henry has pulled out through injury so he should have a good chance of getting a run :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

he only got in 'coz he plays for Utd, why doesn't Malbranque get called up? he's been way more consistant then Saha who's only been good this season. Tis unfair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Agreed malbranque has been far more consistant and probably deserves a chance, but he is up against some big hitters when it comes to their attacking midfielders. I think saha deserves his chance but it just shows what a
    move to a big club can do for your career.

I think Saha has deserved his chance. Granted Malbranque is a fine player but Saha has had a fine season and is on a goal a game ration at the minute for Utd so on that basis he deserves his opportunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Originally posted by Gangsta
    he only got in 'coz he plays for Utd, why doesn't Malbranque get called up? he's been way more consistant then Saha who's only been good this season. Tis unfair.

I knew this would happen,people saying he only got called up because he plays for United.Did you ever think its because of his recent form,not just with United but with Fulham aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I don't think the transfer to United was the reason he got the callup but it certainly helped. Alex Ferguson is probably the most succesful manager in the world ATM so a lot of managers would respect his judgment. Saha didn't get going in the premiership until this season but IMO deserves the callup.

I think a lot of people are overly critical of Saha's previous form. Ok he didn't set the Premiership alight before this season, but hey either did Fulham! Before he left them they were on course for a Champions League spot. It hasn't occurred to anyone that maybe he just didn't suit Jean Tigana's style of play/tactics? Because lets face it he certainly did the business under Chris Coleman and appears to be doing the same under Ferguson

Advertisement