Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usage still at 0.0

• 12-02-2004 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

running esat, since that incident when we couldnt connect, its still at 0.0 gb, download and upload, my friend has esat too and his is working ?
    whats the story, should i go on a downloading spree or what ?

ThanKs./

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Mine was working but didn't update last night.

As OffertheCroc found out you are still disconnected if you go over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

LOL, poor guy, i was wondering about him.

Thanks although how do i know where i`m at though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

you have to try and keep track of it yourself. A call to support might tell you what you are at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

does anyone know why esat enforce the cap when eircom does not?
    makes me glad i picked eircom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yep they enforce it and I'd say that Eircon will soon start enforceing it too - Poxy service.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    I'd say that Eircon will soon start enforceing it too -
    what makes you say that
    i can see eircom enforcing it if contention becomes a issue but atm everyone seems to be getting very stable speeds

Originally posted by tuxx
    what makes you say that
    i can see eircom enforcing it if contention becomes a issue but atm everyone seems to be getting very stable speeds
    I was getting stable speeds aswell on the same network that Eircon costumers use - until I got kciked off, your point being?. As far as I know eircon have already charged ppl on these boards for going over the cap.

there were people that were not the bill payer that asumed they were charged because the stats page said they went over the cap
    no one on these boards has ever claimed to have actualy paid a bill that includes extra charges for going over the cap

my point was eircom curently do not kick people off their service for going over the cap and i cant see it happening unless contention becomes a problem
    esat must have less bandwidth avilable they dont just kick people off for the hell of it do they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Arsemonger

I got off the phone to Esat's tech support about three hours ago after complaining that the usage calculator has been static since the beginning of the month.Cue lots off internal jargon about the calculator and my account being upgraded to a 'level two tier' :confused: and requesting of username,passwords,phone numbers,sperm count and it would seem absolutely nothing has been done.Despite being told there and then that my usage details have be updated.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,059 ✭✭✭BKtje

esat must have less bandwidth avilable they dont just kick people off for the hell of it do they?
    Esat have more heavy subscribers i imagine as their cap is double that of Eircoms.
    Im led to believe that Esat (in total) have much more bandwidth available than Eircom.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Im led to believe that Esat (in total) have much more bandwidth available than Eircom.
    Ye they just dont let anyone use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i am not fond of ringing esat, recently tried ringing to sign up with Talk and Surf or upgrade to that, no luck, idiots.

Advertisement