Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

128MB Powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro RTL

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

that is a big saving, still a bit rich for my blood (don't game so I don't need the power) but thanks alot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by T-b0n3
    128MB Powercolor Radeon 9800 Pro RTL now at 217euro on http://www.jes-computer.de/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=138_109&products_id=13996
    I'm nearly sure its come down a lot in price in last few days.
    seems like bargin to me :E maybe I'm wrong.

adam

I got one of these last week from Overclockers.co.uk
    Same price I think. Komplett also have them for the same price.

Its an awsome graphics card.
    3DMark gives me a score of 17986. My old GeForce4MX64 gives me a score of 4500
    on the same pc.

Apparently some folk are flashing it to make it a 9800XT. (9800XT's are capable of overclocking themselves up to an ATI specified safe temperature) But I dont think I need that just yet.

One thing to keep in mind - is the only problem with this card is it has a whiney cheap fan. I had to replace it yesterday with a Zalman fanless heatsink - bit of a squeeze in a tiny shuttle pc. Totally silent now.

myshuttle.jpg

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

so you think ill also have to replace fan?
    me also getting shuttle :D sn45g tho.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭ozmo

Originally posted by T-b0n3
    so you think ill also have to replace fan?
    me also getting shuttle :D sn45g tho.

adam

I like quiet. If you do get this heatsink - you will have to dremil a hole
    for it to stick out - the heatsink is on both sides of the card and so it also takes up the free PCI slot.

There was a grill in my shuttle that I removed that was perfect for the heatsink.
    The sn45g has no grill so maybe there will be less noise anyway.

“Roll it back”

kk cheers matey :D

adam

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

cheers nice one

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

heh .... dunno about the quantities that Komplett are showing for those cards, when I ordered today there were 100+ of this card and also of the sapphire one (same price, €199) ..now neither of them in stock ... mine (sapphire) is shipped/confirmed :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I've got one too, I replaced the fan last week, got an Arctic VGA Cooler from HiTide very cool it is too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Suddenly regretting the fact I didn't order last night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement