Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good songs on bad albums

Options
  • 12-02-2004 6:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭

After my post against Mic Christopher earlier today my dumbass started wondering about other acts that I hate but have a song that I like then I got to thinking about good songs on bad albums, hence the thread.

The prime example is the brilliant 'This is England' by the wonderful 'Clash' that sadly happens to be on the piss poor 'Cut the Crap'

Other ones are classic 'Creep' by 'Radiohead' on awful 'Pablo Honey' ,
    Heyday by the aforementioned Mic Christopher, the sublime 'Once in a lifetime' by Talking Heads on shockingly bad 'Remains in light' , the beautiful 'Writing to reach you' by 'Travis' on the mind numbingly boring 'The man who'

Anyone else any examples

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

First of all pablo honey is a lot better than people give it credit for
    as for good songs on bad albums how about the great love is the law from the dreadful seahorses album do it yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 14,945 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

you're in a serious minority on "Remain in Light"
    its a masterpiece and most critics regard it as a seminal album - but each to their own etc.

anyway I'm going to nominate Supergrass' "Moving" on their otherwise very ropey self-titled album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Damon_Kind

'Do the dishes' from the otherwise awful Alex O'Farrell album 'I'm enjoy living in a hovel like a student' is one that springs to mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭memaeve

"My Sharona" on 'Get The Knack'. It's a good album in a stupid kind of way, I guess. :D
    There ya go, that's my input.
    xm

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fat slide

the first single off any kylie album???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nonemoreblack

....or the next single on the next Frames album perhaps??

...whats thats sound.. smells like something needs stirred some more..:D

....or maybe any single from a manic street preachers album?:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

Originally posted by Damon_Kind
    'Do the dishes' from the otherwise awful Alex O'Farrell album 'I'm enjoy living in a hovel like a student' is one that springs to mind.

Not nearly as good as 'I'm too damn lazy to empty the bin so I'll let rancid chicken pieces fall on the floor' from Mick Popes shambolic second effort 'All I do is sleep all day and masterbate all night'

Advertisement