Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

insurance

Options
  • 12-02-2004 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

right im getting a new focus in the next 2 months i hope and im looking for insurance so far ive been told that i can get it for 2750. from fbd .

now im 23 m and still a provisional driver with no chance of getting a exam for 6 months living in the midlands . and will be driving a 1.4 version

anyone know any good company's for somone like myself that might better that price

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

My insurance is €2000, on a '00 Nissan Primera 1.6, that is with AXA. Only a name driver. Have full licence for 2 years and no claims against it my insurance.
    Loads of people on boards reccomend Brittion Insurance and Quinn Direct, they seem to give cheaper insurance to young drivers.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

you could try praying..... hiberniandirect.ie give some good on the spot quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Fbd premiums go down quite a lot over time. I got insured by them last year on my 1.4 focus for 4609. This year its 2400!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Don't FBD only insure home owners??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

stupid dog scratched my brand new focus today, am not in a good mood!

anyway i drive a 1.4, 20, male full license and my insurance is €2300

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Try Quinn Direct, I always found them cheaper than the rest (but b*stards to deal with)....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TommyK

Try Quinn Direct . . .

My brother is 23 and drives a 206. He got insured for just €1,100 (verses about €2,500 with Hibernian).

He has a Full licence for a few years though - so maybe thats why :(

Tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Quinn Direct, they seem to give cheaper insurance to young drivers.

As long as you are Irish. Ever noticed the nationality and 'how long have you lived in Ireland question'.

My American gf was quoted 500 quid more just because she is American. I rang back and told them she was Korean - then it was 2500 euro more!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Quinn Direct seem to have stopped giving quotes for any kind of performance cars in the last few weeks too, bastardfucks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Delusional

I'm 23, 1.4 Focus, full licence and my insurance is 710 full comp. However i'm female.

Best quotes i got were McCarthy Direct, Creane and Creane and a local broker (they had some new company on their books, can find out the name if you wish, and they are insuring cheap). Quinn Direct didn't offer me a competetive quote at all! I was with them when i was 20 and they were horrible and useless NEVER AGAIN!

Advertisement