Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What DVD Backup software?

Options
  • 12-02-2004 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody.

I would like some advice as to what software I should use to backup my DVD's.

What I am looking for would be something thats easy to use and works each time. I have tried some but none that works i.e. copyright protection.

Where can I get this software?

I am new to this area and would like some advice please.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

www.doom9.org > guides > dvd/minidvd > dvd backup guides
    dvdshrink is the easiest way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Thanks for the link.

Ive browsed it but cannot find an 'all-in-one' package that will backup my DVD's.

I am new to this but my understanding is that DVD's work the same as copying cd's - so long as you have 2 suitable drives and 1 piece of software. Then it should copy from one to the other? Is is different when it comes to DVD's? or is there additional steps and a combination of software?

Sorry, dont want to seem dumb but I am new to this lol!

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdshrink31-main.htm - might take some time to open, they don't allow direct linking

basicly you enter your dvd in - it will read from it, decrypt on the fly (css and macrovision) and you basically select what to cut/how much (audio streams, extras etc) then it will make an output folder with the stuff you have to burn on a dvd - ideall with nero using the dvd-video template (just copy/paste the files to the video_ts folder and done)

seriosly thought - take a few hours and read through the page for dvd guides and howto - interesting material and you will understand most basic stuff afterwards (basic - as dvd authoring and other advanced stuff is very complex)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

thanks a million.

I will take some time to read through it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

for an easier route dvdXcopy express, just hit one button

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Originally posted by slave1
    for an easier route dvdXcopy express, just hit one button

I agree. A great wee piece of software.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I am using this combination, which is flawless, so far.

You can preserve the menus, select exactly what streams you want, eg trailers etc if you want, and you can make an iso disc image before actually burning the disc. This allows you to be certain that nothing will go bump during the burning process, and it means you can preview the entire DVD, to ensure that you're happy before burning it to a disc. This is especially useful if you compress the video to fit more on a disc.

Ro

Advertisement