Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship Manager 01-02

Options
  • 12-02-2004 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

I've just recently attained my first ever Championship Manager game. Hurrah!! I was wondering if anyone could tell me any good players to sign or what tactics have been successful for them when they were playing the game?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

The best player by far in 01-02 is Skalidis. You have to be playing with the full database.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Lots of Greek players have incredibly good stats.

(Make sure you're running the latest patch, 3.968 I think).

sigames.com will be back up tomorrow, they should have it for download there. If not, try thedugout.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭purplemonkey

That's great, thanks. I've been looking at all the players I've ever heard of in the game and they are all way overpriced. Anyway, how come the computer can buy a player for less than their value and as a player you have to pey nearly double their value. It's crap in that sense, but overall a thoroughly addictive game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

use the game editor and increase your transfer budget :)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

You can't go wrong with a 4-3-3 formation with the central players dropping back into attacking midfield, defensive midfield and sweeper respectively.

I swear, I got to the CL final with Dundalk with that formation. Half way there again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭tinofapples

If you're not using any patches To Madeira is a legend . He plays for a portugese club , Gouveira (Spellin ??)

With the latest patch get Skalidas from Greek club Chania , there's also another Greek striker , only 16 and he's class , "Something Papadoupolos" , plays with a club called "Eth. Something " !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by tinofapples
    If you're not using any patches To Madeira is a legend . He plays for a portugese club , Gouveira (Spellin ??)

With the latest patch get Skalidas from Greek club Chania , there's also another Greek striker , only 16 and he's class , "Something Papadoupolos" , plays with a club called "Eth. Something " !!
    If you download the .68 patch, about 23 MB, then you need to spend half and hour going through all the small greek clubs looking for 14-19 year olds, there's about 20-30 amazing players that after a few years become world class.

Advertisement