Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy X

Options
  • 12-02-2004 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭

Are there any FFX gurus out there?? I'm in the middle of a game of FFX now and I want to know the best places to level up because my stats are too low to go to the Omega Ruins and they are too high for Mt. Gagazet and the Calm Lands.

I need help. For the love of God, why won't anyone help me??Why? Why??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭trent_derby

I found that using the battlefield arena where you capture creatures is extremely helpful at putting your level up. Also try visiting a place you have been to before where its not quite as hard, unfortunatley you will have to slog it out for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

hmm its been a while since i've played what about going past mt gagazet and the calm lands onto zanarkand or whatever is next further on harder monster etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Metaloverlord

For gods sake man I'm a phonecall away just bloddy ring when you need help anyway the colloseme is a great way to level up.....Omega ruins..hmmmmmmm tell ya what.....ring trappe...he'll give ya some good tips on where to level up to odd f**ks........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SwollenTesticle

The best way to level your characters is to go to Zanarkand and fight in the area just before the "temple of the fayth" there is usually alot the machina there just keep either yuna or rikku with you they are the great recovery characters. Before you go near the Omega Ruins make sure you get all the Ultimate weapons for your characters that way you can get the attack break and hp break which make you attack hit enemies and damage them over 9,999 and increases your health over 9,999. If anyone wants to know about these weapons pm me and i will let you know. After getting these weapons The Omega Ruins will be a walk in the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Just get Zanmato and all your troubles will fly, fly away.

• Advertisement

bah thats cheating :), kill em proper, you shouldn't need the ultimate weapons by omega ruins either, also you can generate weapons with damage break if you need i think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Way too much fuss to get all the Celestial weapons.
    Auron's is the only one I have fully powered up but that is the easiest to do.
    Zanarkand's a good place along with the inside of Sin if you're a bit more advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

Originally posted by XCRichard
    Way too much fuss to get all the Celestial weapons.

yeah, try go back for the sun crest or sigil in zanarkand where you fight yunalesca and a great big bastid called dark bahamut is there to greet you. the only way i got past him was with yojimbo and a lot of money.

Originally posted by DiscoStu
    yeah, try go back for the sun crest or sigil in zanarkand where you fight yunalesca and a great big bastid called dark bahamut is there to greet you. the only way i got past him was with yojimbo and a lot of money.
    I ran into that bugger the other day, got my arse whupped pretty quick.
    Also came across the dark Ifrit that waits at Home for you, the dark Ixion at the Thunder Plaims and the dark Valefor at Besaid village.
    Sure I met a dark Shiva too but I'm fceked if I remember where. They all hammered me anyhow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Yeah the dark aeons are pretty nasty-they can be killed though-do it without Yojimbo and you can be proud that your an excellent player.They give great experience as far as i can remember.

• Advertisement

Any tips for beating them?
    Can't be arsed going back building up my levels when I've already completed it.
    They always seem to get more attacks then they should which is a bollocks. Another thing is that they can pull off their overdrives straight away, killing everyone before even have a chance to attack! (aside from Auron with his Masamune equiped)

one of the main tricks with dark aeons is to sacrifice your aeons to there overdrives which will no doubt kill it, however you will probably have to bit the bullet and level up, i've had nearly all stats up to 255 on my main characters and i still couldn't kill them all that was mainly due to low health values i think.

they are getting in lots of hits because whatever stat controls speed is high for them, use quick attacks and what not when you can to give yourself more attacks and abilities like auto haste are useful

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

Best way to level up for me was with...
    Tonberry's... in battle Arena

and another creature which I have forgotten..

but mucho exp for your trouble...

Omega Ruins is great too.... just throw on some Stoneproof stuff and you will be sorted... oh and beware of the red elementals they berserk ya and at times its a bitch... Blue Marlboros also dangerous unless you have the item which puts Ribbon on your gear... hope it helps

Jay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Question for people, who'dd you think was harder, Nightmare or Penance?

I thought Penance was, even though he had less hp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭purplemonkey

Question Cina, What is Nightmare? I have read the walkthrough guide and never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭wataru

Are Nightmare and Penance the final creatures ya get in Battle Arena....

Can't remember for the life of me....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Originally posted by purplemonkey
    Question Cina, What is Nightmare? I have read the walkthrough guide and never heard of it.

Nightmare is the games "hardest" boss (although penance was harder for me), you unlock him after beating ever single other area creation and getting every creature in the game in the thingy.

and penance isn't an area creation, you fight him after beating all the other dark aeons.

Advertisement