Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

call notification while online

• 12-02-2004 10:12pm
    Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭

does anyone know where i can get a program wherre it will tll me if someone is ringing my house while i'm online?

cheer's

Joey

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm not positive about this, but I beleive you need three things for this to happen:
    1) A V92 capable modem
    2) An ISP that supports V92 modems (Last time I read anything about this, I think UTVIP were the only ISP supporting this
    3) Call-waiting enabled by your phone service provider (Eircom).

The Software to handle the Modem-on-hold technology should come with your modem.

This web-site discusses this functionality.

Modem-on-hold seems to be fuinctionality provided by the modem manufacturer, so there may not be any generic software available to handle this..

I think there are also some seperate hardware devices that can alert you to an incoming call (possibly with Caller ID) while you're connected to your ISP..

Hope this helps!

Advertisement