Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IQ3CL - are Hurlin and IR alive ?

Options
  • 25-08-2000 1:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Ok now that Jedi's FFA league is due to come to an end everyone must be warmed up enough to be ready for the IQ3CL also the BWEC will be over by the end of the week sooo ... so let's start it in the next week or two.

The clans that have confirmed interest and gaurenteed me that they'll do their upmost not to default games are :

Acid
    BiO
    PS
    Se7en
    nD
    FH

I want to know are H and IR interested. If not i'll find UK replacements, but it would be nice to have this league as an all Irish league .... it being the IQ3CL and all.

Also something i've said from day 1 and that applies to everyone is that if you're going to default matches then don't enter.

What I want to know is :
    What day is the best day for the league to be held on ? (I'm for a Sunday)

Also what do people think of this selection of maps (i'm doubling up on dm6/7 because they're peoples favorite maps - the only obscure map being Q3MExx1) :

WEEK1: Q3DM6
    WEEK2: Q3DM14(tmp)
    WEEK3: Q3DM7
    WEEK4: Q3DM8
    WEEK5: Q3DM6
    WEEK6: Q3MEXX1
    WEEK7: Q3DM7

I'd like some feed back and some confirmation from IR/H ... otherwise i'll go find some UK clans but I don't particularly want to do that. So let's get this thing up and running sooner rather then later.

So let's get the league start right away (like in the next week or two). We'll pause the league for the week the CPL is on - and if clans want to play their IQ3CL match at the lan event we can try and sort something out. Also if you read through the rules they're flexible in regards to where and how you can play ... like at a lan, without ping restrictions once both teams have agreed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

i have seen smoe demos of ztn3dm1 for team games what you think of that level?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

ztn3dm1 is a great level, can't get enuff of it myself biggrin.gif
    I left it out because it isn't being played in any UK leagues atm, and clanbase are due to drop it aswell.... so it's kinda , ya know not the flavor of the month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

dunno...ill have to find out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

what collie meant to say is yes, stick h down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Rapier-q3

i dont think we should have any custom maps. Would it be mad to suggest each team picks a map of their choice which they cannot choose for the next week?

• Advertisement

interesting rapier....

I was also thinking about prehaps the type of thing Barrysworld do.

Where each week there's 2 maps, what would people say to games with 2 maps instead of 1 ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

There's still alot of ppl who don't have any custom maps. And most clans dont train on them @ all.
    Mabye only standard maps might be better?
    except dm14-tmp of course.
    Also is there a non bfg version of dm15?

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

mike - remember in the UKCCL they said that we needed to have downloaded the UKCCL version of the map, because it is a tiny bit different to the other ones or something. was that just for lun3dm1? i can't remember.
    anyway, could that be a problem for q3mexx1, or are all mexx1's the same?

That was only lun3dm1,

but we'll still advise people to get the maps off quake.ie and test them before the game smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

M1ke,
    stick down DM14tmp twice, along with DM7 its by far and away one of the best maps. my two cents.

Z.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

This may be a slightly biased view cus I have been playing these maps inside out for the last few months but I think DM6, DM7 and DM14tmp and your only man.

both teams pick one and the decider is on the unpicked map. If both teams pick the same map then the decider is on that map too.

Also I think getting UK teams in is a great idea, the likes of 4K, UNR and DC in the league would make things VERY interesting and would motivate players to play their best.

Do we really want the likes of 4k in the irish league? I think it might discourage instead of incourage players.....
    I played with nD against 4k and it wasn't a pretty sight, they would walk the irish league..

oh yeah.. i think having just those 3 maps would be a good idea and maybe dm8 as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

FH would 0wn 4k. bring em on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

I think non-Irish clans in the league is a good idea.. It would improve the standard of irish quake....
    and the think those 3 maps are probably best..
    but then what do i am for i am a "newbie muppet"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Lads, you can play teams of roughly your own skill level till the cows come home but you won't get better until you start playing clans who are better then you.

Playing good teams forces you to learn and adapt to strong tactics and teamplay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

I'd love to play the likes of 4k and unr. Let them all have some thats what i say. Bet there not that impressive on 60-80 ping anyway.

Jedi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

dm6 , dm7 and dm14 [tmp]. Just simply rock.

But do you have the time to admin all these matches on a sunday Mike.

Jedi

Advertisement