Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Directions Please.

Options
  • 13-02-2004 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Am doing a round trip from Portlaoise to Dublin Daily via motorway, trouble is they have now decided in their infinate wisdom to dig great big holes in Monasterevin for sewage works.

Anyone know how I can bypass it after ballybrittas and still arrive on the kildare bypass? more important on the trip to dublin rather than the trip back.

I was stuck in traffic last night for approx 1/2 hour and night b4 for almost 1 hour due to these works. And tailbacks of approx 1 - 2 miles.

tks

Neonitrix

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭robo

You could try driving through Athy, then straight onto the Dublin Road and before Kilcullen, you have the motorway. I dunno if it would be any quicker, but I heard about those delays through Monasterevin and you would have nothing like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

You could try

Portlaoise - Carlow - Athy - Kildangan/Crosskeys- Kildare

or Portlaoise - Jamestown - Vickerstown - Kildangan/Crosskeys - Kildare

or Portlaoise- Stradbally - Athy - Fontstown- Kilcullen (porberly the best for its road quality).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by mike65
    Portlaoise - Carlow
    That would be going a bit out of the way. I was in Athy last Monday during the day and while there was too many HGVs for a town centre, traffic appeared very light.

If avoiding Monasterevin, I would do the Stradbally-Athy-Kilcullen(M9) route, no need to double back to Kildare town.

You could get the train!

Advertisement