Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gittering while playing Q3.

Options
  • 29-08-2000 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I've got a small prob with possible settings on my machine. I've got PIII 866 GeForce2 but I keep getting serious gitter which make the game unplayable, even though the fps is displayed as been between 120 - 150 mark. Has anyone seen issues with the GeForce setup that may be causing this. I'm running the newly release D3 driver but had the same problem when running under the original Creative drivers.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dar.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

I think ive seen this problem before

SET m_filter TO 0

and that should do it.....I have a gforce2 and it causes me to gitter...

[This message has been edited by podgeen (edited 29-08-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Clamor

Tried that last night with no improvement.
    Did you do anything to the texture size that you pass through the card BTW. I think mine set to 5 mb so I might raise that.
    Dar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

The Direct3D isn't used (is it?) It's all GL.

Download the latest Detanator drivers. Install em. Make sure you have full screen antialiasing turned off.

Podgeen, m_filter 1, makes it smoother. The problem we had was because I play with it off. It makes the models appear to be gittering.

Also, set you r_displayrefresh to at least 100, and do a vid_restart.

Could try setting you r_picmip to a higher number too. (vid_restart again)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

what is gitter?

Gitter,
    It's like excessive unexplained shaking of the hand not due to al-key-hol withdrawal that i've been experiencing.

• Advertisement

I think that I did turn on 2*2 AA with the new drivers. I'll disable this evening and try it again.
    Thanks Jay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

This used to happen to me and the problem was my mouse.

If you use a ps2 mouse go get ps2rate and use it to set your mouse input rate to 200hz.

If you use a USB mouse then it should be at 120hz already.

If you use a serial mouse get rid of it and get a USB or PS2. I suggest a pilot by logitech or a mircosoft intelipoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Jitter, Jitter, Jitter...jeez...what is it with the spelling in that house smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

andy, I dont think he will be using a serial mouse. Clamor, I wouldnt mess with the texture size settings, I havent gone near any of them. I was having serious problems with the mouse, because neither ps2rate or logitech drivers work in win2k, but I then found that win2k lets u adjust it it up to 100. I think the jitter u are getting is from the fps being much higher than the mouse refresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Well that seems to be the same problem as I had, mine was fine at the start then suddenly had this constant jitter. Tried everthing to no avail. My advice go back to the shop and ask for another one. I did and problem solved.

• Advertisement

Sorry Karrol for de inkoreckt spelng.
    Bane. Get another what? mouse or PC. I should have enough of each at the moment, just need to get them to work together.
    D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Don't blame your lack of skill on Jittering CLamor or who ever you are. wink.gif

Use better excuses like having to use a fupen stupid intelli mouse to prove your one the best dueler in ireland. When you have played every day for the last 2 years on a logitech mouseman +. Now thats an excuse.

Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Tom you should be able to adapt to the situation...

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Bane

Go back to the shop where u bought your Geforce 2 and ask for another replacement.

Advertisement