Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Thai Green Curry Receipe

• 13-02-2004 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭

I want the ultimate Thai Green Curry receipe!

There are plenty on the web but I want a tried and tested one.
    Anyone have one they want to share?

I will share my receipe for curry coddle.
    DOH!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭cyberspider

I have made a number of different pastes using Galangal Shrimp paste, Thai green dhilli's fish sause etc.

It tastes great but takes so long to do. What I have found is that you can buy redy made pastes in the Blue dragin range that taste just as good and are a hell of a lot faster to make.

All you do is fry the onions and other veg you may want when they have started to soften you add teh curry paste and fry for another 5 minuites then you add your cocanut milt lime leaver lemon grass start to simmer and then add your chicken.

The reason for adding the chicken to the liquid and not frying it is so it does not seal and can absorb the flavours of the sause as it cooks.

Great quick and easy receipe.

Rerve with cocanut rice. ie. grate some desicated coconut into the water you are cooling the rice in. It gives a really rich taste.

If you really want a full recepie to make the paste I can dig it up for you. The problem is that you really need to go to an asian market to get a lot of the ingrediants.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Clinical Waste

Thanks, will see if I can get the blue dragon one.
    If not the receipe for your paste would be great.

CW

Advertisement