Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks and Well Done to Nicky & Co.

Options
  • 29-08-2000 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭

Team3.ie : Nicky, Chris, Andy, Jeff and Sam.

Sam, you helped us get there, and you were sorely missed in London, no doubt you will be there the next time to help us get even.

Nicky, Chris, Andy and Jeff, well done over there, ye did us proud and made the effort by us mere mortals worth it all.

Thanks to the panel and others involved that helped out, the list is long, you know who you are, and all the guys that came over, especially Gerry, Toulouse and Reaper who went out of pocket to come over to London. It's much appreciated.

Special thanks to Nethouse, who are constantly sorting us out when we need them, especially this weekend when we found ourselves on the streets.

We'll get them next time guys. Nicky, buy that computer smile.gif.

All you Irish Boys, these 5 lads are your country's team, it doesn't take a minute to slap a post in here so they at least know that they didn't go over there for nothing.

Report going up later today on Quake.ie/Challenge.ie/POG

IE.Zero

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Weldone Lads. Had a great weekend, plenty of drink, laughter and frolics.

I'll be hoarse for a month but wouldn't missed it for the world.

Jedi

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Congrats guys! We got on the European stage with the best of them and gave them something to worry about.

Big shouts out to Nethouse for bailing us out again! Shadow, Martin and Dennis are, as ever, the men.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

played...
    shot etc..
    well dome
    and nicky dont buy a computer for another while..... (a month or so)
    Otherwise ill have to go back to that rubbish 14 inch monitor with the crap refresh rate.... bad buzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Good show lads.

If Quake 4 or whatever game becomes big next, is fun for me, and I actually play it,then I guess Ill just have to take Nickys captaincy eh? smile.gif

Seriously tho, fukin kewl competing in europe for your country eh?
    Years from now, when the world quake championships, and european championships (or whatever game is big then) is almost as popular as the soccer ones, you lot can tell your kids
    "I represented my country in some of the first quake championships ya know."
    And they will be in awe, because this is just the beginning of real gaming tournaments.

Plyd lads.

[This message has been edited by Paladin (edited 29-08-2000).]

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Originally posted by Paladin:

Ill just have to take Nicky

*hmmmm...*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Fair play lads - yet again I missed out on a trip, but it couldn't be helped! Next time...

Anyway - there will be a next year!

Who won it in the end?

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

The Russians beat the Swedes out in straight games in the end. EVERYBODY "Awwwwwww" smile.gif
    Seriously, good going and congrats for doing such a sterling job. Or should that be a Euro job, damn foreign currencies cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

how did they do us proud by losing all their games?

nah nah gg's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Yeah...cheers to everyone etc etc...especially MP, Zero and Nethouse, and of course the rest of the lads for making it a w/e to remember.

NICKY YOU ABSOLUTE LEGEND!!!

Carroll

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Ill just have to take Nicky

I take it back biggrin.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

Lads i can thank you all enough for such a great weekend, i cant believe this process starts again in 6 weeks, Wahoo Rock and Roll we are in for another exciting ride

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

itchyBag eek.gif

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Bloody excellent weekend, cheers all the team for playing out of their skins and to Ronan Eric Dev and all that lot that sorted it out, was a very entertaining experience, pity im so damned sick after it.... ah well.

someone ping the IBM gateway and see what they get, I will setup a quake server on it !!! hahahah.

9.166.167.244 = IBM gateway

I wonder do they kill me for posting that on the boards ...

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 1,863 Mod ✭✭✭✭Slaanesh

Reply from 9.166.167.244: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

hehehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

fair play to team.ie
    with koopa you could have taken finland, couldn't you?

pld as well to russia. those boys really made the monied swedes look like asses, didnt they? showing up with their mitsumi mice and walking away with the equivalent of 4 years money for each of them.

http://www.challenge-ie.com/columns/excelsior

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Good stuff lads....player dayer.

Advertisement