Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend me a USB key! please

• 13-02-2004 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭

hey all,

just wondering could anyone reommend me a USB key for college! they hacve just allowed us access to the USB ports of our comps in our labs yesterday? so i got a lotta D/l ing to do!

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Komplett have a 256mb USB2 drive for €65 this week. Offer valid until midnight on Sunday.

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

nice. ill give that a look!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Shop4Memory are pretty reasonable for these products.. Have a look..

They also stock some with built-in Radio/MP3 players, here

Can't comment on quality of the products etc. But Shop4Memory were very good to deal with when I bough PC RAM from them..

Komplett looks slightly cheaper though (but shop4mem is free postage).

thanks krusty. These USB keys are 'plug & play' right? i wouldnt need to install any drivers for win 2000 right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

For Win2K and XP, you should be fine without a driver.. For older OS'es (e.g. 98) you would likely need a driver..

For the one's with extra functionality, e.g. MP3 Player you'd probably get away without a driver, but it would be a good idea to check out the manufacturers web-sites (or drop them an E-Mail).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I use an Apacer 128 MB USB 2.0 55 e's, very happy :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I just got a creative Muvo 256 meg portable mo3 player this week, it acts as a portbale USB drive as well, very handy and seems to be the busienss so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by TmB
    Komplett have a 256mb USB2 drive for €65 this week. Offer valid until midnight on Sunday.

- Dave.

i've got the 128mb version of this that was on special from kopmlett a couple of weeks ago, i'd recommend it apart from the fact that it looks good, it is not at all bulky which means it fits into nearly all usb ports i reckon which can be a problem with the fat bastard pen drives

thanks for the replies lads. the 256MB on komplett is outta stock until the 20th so i might hold on until then or else i might get the 128Mb version for €41 or so.

sound job

Advertisement