Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

todays problem(XP)

Options
  • 13-02-2004 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

After installing all the updates from microsoft for XP home,a shortcut i had placed in the start up menu to a drive on the server no longer works. it was suppose to run the logon just after bootup to windows (quick fix for not havin xp pro)

any ideas!!!!!!!!!:(

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

The conspiracy theory would suggest that it's deliberate.

But in reality it could be so many things. Run the file manually to see if it is a batch file problem or an auto start one.
    I take it you are using an UNC name \\server\netlogon\script.bat

you could also try a dotted ip as well \\192.168.0.1\share\batch.bat in case it is a name resolution problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Joeface

Thanks,
    I tried using the login .bat script before but it does work all the time,

I had maped the folder i need to logon to as a network drive and placed a short cut in the start up menu for ...it was perfert for the last 3 weeks , worked on everyones system.....and stupid me listened to microsoft and installed the updates............Ba****ds

Advertisement