Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strachan Steps Down

• 13-02-2004 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭

Gordan Strachan has stepped down as manager of Southhampton for the rest of the season.

Thos is really going to help Hoddle's chances of becoming new manager

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

:eek: What the hell is going on at Southampton?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Just caught the end of the new piece on it and was very surprised that he would be stepping down this early. he will be a huge loss to the Saints imho. It is clear that the fans do not want Hoddle at the club again but whether their concerns will be listened to is another thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

The assistan manager wiggle(sp) is to take over until the end of the Season so Hoddle is not going there in the short term anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Saw an interview with Rupert Lowe last night on BBC South(the version of bbc N.Irel where Soton are). He was talking about how "the crowd are normally wrong" and "I have to consider the interests of the club".

Looks a dead cert that Hoddle is taking over. The fans don't want it, and if it doesn't happen for Hoddle there very quickly, I can see the fans turning on Lowe as well.

Looks like he won't be installed til the Summer though, as The Muppet already said, they've appointed their Assistant Manager/First Team Coach til the end of the season

As for Strachan, he will be sorely missed for his post-match interviews. I looked forward to soccer saturday every week, in the hope that Soton will get a dodgy decision against them, and good old Gordo would pop up with another hilarious quote.

Ah well, at least Ranieri is still around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

As a life-long Southampton fan, I cant believe Hoddle is even being considered. The season ticket holders definitely wont renew them, the gates will drop dramatically and the club will suffer financially. He jumped ship at the first hint of the Tottenham job, tried (and partly succeeded) to poach our best players, and then had the cheek to express an interest in the job once he found himself with every Saturday afternoon free. And Rupert Lowe saying that Hoddle is a quality coach is a joke. Quality coaches dont find themselves involuntarily on the dole. Is Lowe so caught up in the whole situation that he cant remember the 4-0 demolition job we did on Hoddles' Spurs? Or the 3-1 drubbing we gave them at White Hart Lane this season that proved to be his last game in charge?

Can it be any clearer: WE DONT WANT HODDLE !!!

As I read earlier from another Saints fan "What did we do in a past life to deserve this?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

As for Strachan, he will be sorely missed for his post-match interviews.

Oh and i forgot to mention wee Gordie, a legend in so many senses... His interviews are quality, but he really did deserve to go. Sometimes it seems as though he hasnt got a clue. He let Beattie sit out the most part of the last 4 or 5 games, despite him being at full fitness, and upsets some of our best players by some really incredible line-up decisions (e.g. - Baird (who had played one senior game beforehand) instead of Fernandes (who had been one of our best players all season) in the Cup Final)

Advertisement