Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No sound!

Options
  • 13-02-2004 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

First of all, I am using Windows ME, don't ask why but I won't be for long.

Right, there is no sound being played for anything on my PC. The speakers are in OK and I got the driver from the CD that I got with the PC and it always worked.

In Sounds and Multimedia the sound volume is on the lowest and the bar is greyed out so it can't be moved to a higher volume. On the audio tab, under Sound Playback the preferred device says, no playback device. Everything else on the Sound tab is greyed out also.

Any ideas?
    Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Go into your device manager, have a look at the Audio hardware, make sure it hasn't been disabled.

Otherwise uninstall/reinstall you hardware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It is not disabled and I have just reinstalled it but its still the same.

Another thing. In Sounds an Multimedia, "show volume control in the taskbar" is ticked (and greyed out so it can't be unchecked) but it is not on my taskbar!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

The fact that your multimedia settings are greyed out means that as far as Windows is concerned you haven't got the hardware/software installed in order to be able to play sounds.

When did it start happening? Is this a new install?

Originally posted by moridin
    When did it start happening? Is this a new install?
    It worked fine since I have the PC (3 years) but I only noticed not having any sound yeserday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Try removing the sound card or drivers rebooting and reinstalling.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The temptation to post "WHAT?" in this thread is too much to bear. See, I just did it. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Ensure the soundcard is correctly seated in the slot in your case, it sounds like its come loose.

Advertisement