Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairing Laptop HDD

Options
  • 13-02-2004 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

I have a laptop hard drive that isn't working for me. Can anyone give me advise or links to info on repairing it?
    I've got nothing to loose so I don't mind taking it apart.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Originally posted by seker16

lol,if ya do take it apart then it defiantly wont work after that.what happened it anyway?

CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Originally posted by seker16
    I have a laptop hard drive that isn't working for me. Can anyone give me advise or links to info on repairing it?
    Describe "isn't working for me" .... you took it out and when you put it back it it wasnt working or something like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

There's not much you can do except check the cable connections etc etc
    Unless you've got your own clean-room or something :)
    I wouldn't bother opening the HD itself - just grab the part-number and order a replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭talking_walnut

Sorry I was away for awhile.

Its a hdd from an old Mp3 player. The Mp3 player stoped working so I recently took the hard disk out and tried it in other computers. I don't seem to be able to do anything with it no matter how I connect it up (usb, ide to my pc or in a laptop).

I'm presuming now that thats what the problem was with the Mp3 player.

I'll open it up one of the days an have a look. I can't do any harm anyway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

heh

yes you can

If you expose the platters to air they'll most likely get irreversibly fúcked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement