Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hi guys

Options
  • 13-02-2004 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Only just found this board (don't know how it escaped my attention for so long). I'm an Irish Bf42 player for quite a while..have never played DC although I would love to but with a dial up conn I don't have a week to invest in downloading it (so it you want to mail me a cd copy be my guest).....

I don't see many Irish players on mostly UK, but if you see me online say hello..I go by 'Father Jack Hackett' and usually can be found in a server running berlin.

I only noticed the cavan combat server up for the first time a few nights ago (yes I tried the .3 DC but couldnt get it to work)

Someone should really start a Father Ted Irish squad...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

I'm afraid that dc is up to 0.7 now man, maybe that's why you couldn't get it to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Sorry...I tried the .3 ages ago and couldn't get it to work...I just can't download a 500MB (.7)file on a dial up connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Drop me a PM with your address and Ill see what I can do. Should be able to send one out to you monday morning.

Make sure your Battlefield1942 is patched up to v1.6 aswell. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Hi Fr Jack.

caught you the other night on a CTF server but everyone was messing so didnt get a game in.

I've been trying to get the Cavan Server admins to run a few CTF games but no luck so far. BTW CTF is way better in my opinion on DC.

Hope to catch you soon on line.

The Fairy.

yeah man, I remember you...the paisley incident lmao..too funny!!

yeah, hopefully I'll get a run to the cavan combat server this week or so and hope to catch you, I agree about CTF, I think its way underated and can be a lot of fun, especially when you get great infantry battles on the likes of berlin..I play a lot on the | t p f | NBK CTF server, Berlin is their home map and they play it every day so next time your online pop in.

Sorry we didn't get a real game in that night but one of the tpf guys was showing me some of the stunts you can do with planes and stuff...

ok dude, catch you later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Lads, quick announcement.

I cannot send out any of the CDs that people asked me to send out at the moment. Might not be able to send them out for another week possibly. If you want to get an update for Desert Combat 0.7 quickly, try the File Sharing forum. It works along the same lines as what we have going on here for the last while.

Sorry to all who asked me for a CD, good few of you asked this weekend.

* Winters

Winters,

that is no problem fella....thanks for the offer but I just upgraded to broadband today and I'm getting connected in 10 days so I'll be able to download it myself then and play without any lag...(thank God hahaha)

thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

No worries Winters. Thanks anyway.

I'll have a go at downloading at work today. Problem is there is only one PC with a burner on it and it's in a locked office.

The Fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Well if anyone's about dub city centre i can give em a cd, but tbh i'm not arsed enuf to actually post one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

I've gotta few CD's floating around if anyone wants to pm me thier addy I'll post it tomorrow from work.

• Advertisement
Advertisement