Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Q about Eircom's Cap

• 13-02-2004 7:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Sorry guys, I know this has probably been covered a million times but I was wondering If anyone could give me some info, I just checked my usage on Eircom support page and I'm nearly 3.5 gig already and it's only the middle of the month now. If I go over by a gig or so will I be charged, or trottled(right word?)?
    Has anybody gone over it by a good few gigs and not got charged?

Thanks for help,

Mick

ps: If I get charged, I'll blame Ricky Gervais! The 2 christmas specials came to over a gig :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

As far as i know the only throttling has been on East's service, and as of yet, there has been no charging. BUT, that doesn't mean the aren;t going to, they might decide to start charging this month, who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

There's been no throttling on esat/iol they just cut you off. Netsource are the throttlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

They may not be charging now, but there's nothing that's says they can't bill you for it later. If I wanted get as much money as I could from people I'd let them think they are getting away with it so they download even more, and then give the a large bill after 6 months.

Having said that, you'll probably get away with it. They probably won't start enforcing the cap until the new packages are introduced. And even if you do get charged, it'll have been worth it for those Christmas specials :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by MrPinK
    They probably won't start enforcing the cap until the new packages are introduced. And even if you do get charged, it'll have been worth it for those Christmas specials :)
    Once they have all those extra tiers in place, they'll start charging people to encourage them to "upgrade" from the 4G cap at €40 to the 8G cap at €54. It works out a lot cheaper than paying 3c/MegaByte! :rolleyes:

Advertisement