Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any interest in a Midweek CTF League?

Options
  • 01-09-2000 8:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Just wondering.

Say teams of 5. Mixed teams people don't have to be from the same clan.

FOr a bit of a laugh.

Jedi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

A clan CTF would be class tho.

If you give it maybe 2/3 weeks Tom, some ppl will be back in UL, and Dev might have a chance to get his ISDN sorted and ressurrect CG.
    You'd have nD, 7, PS, DK, BIO, CG and whoever else I can't think of, would be a decent league, but I spose it would have to be mixed teams if you were to allow for m1ke's IQ3CL running at the same time. Good idea tho, CTF used to be huge here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

sounds good...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

a mix would be tres bien

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'd be up for it once I get this FREAKING ISDN ****E sorted out.

CG have mostly migrated to UT (since it was supporting CTF at the time) but I'm up for playing and maybe we'll set up CG3 for Quake 3 with different people, might be good to have a new clan on the scene.

Either way CTF still owns DM. (wow now theres an argument we havent had in a while)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Dev,

Want me to pop over on Saturday morning to sort out your isdn ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

yeah BiO are pretty anti ctf atm, but if it's an Irish league ..... i'm pretty sure we can dig up 6 players nps.

On another note jedi, whatabout a mid week rocket arena 3 bash. NOW THAT WOULD BE KEWL smile.gif

Also news on the iq3cl : i'm going to first source another reliable clan, possibly a uk one,
    then finish up the league fixtures and tables and give everyone around 1-2
    weeks notice. So all in all the process will take 2-3 weeks before the first
    match is played.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

RA3 league. To be honest I haven't even tried it yet. I only downloaded the thing last night. I'll give it the once over later to see what RA3 is for a start. Its it like CA or something. Anyway I'm open to all sugestions. It will be 3-4 weeks or so before any of these leagues start anyway. Just seeing what the interest is atm.

jedi

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 01-09-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

CTF would be fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

[veiled compliment]Don't you ever rest Jedi [/veiled compliment] cool.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

jedi,
    I think a Quake3 Clan Arena league or rocket arena league would really be the bizzness.

BossArky - I was talking to Pointy awhile back and he said W:P9 split, and a few of the lads went awol and offline ... but I he mentioned something about a resurrection.... And I know Rocket Arena is right up their street.... I'll talk to him when I get a chance anyway.... I would be cool to have a small CA league prehaps BiO,W:P9,PS,ND,FH,ACID,CG even ?

Also here what's about an Irish clan for the IQ3CL.... atm there's 1 spot we need to fill and I really don't want it to be a uk clan.

Dev - whatabout CG, whatabout these QW clans ... could any of you get together a Q3 possy for the IQ3CL for the sake of making it an all Irish league with some good competition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

what about getting [W:P9] into the league?....not sure what find of state they are in at the moment but I'd say that they could hold a team together, ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Rapier-q3

m1ke...how about clan 9...i hear they are fairly good

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

MP, that would be very kind of you but I'm in London (again) for the ECTS coverage (see POG for details kids)

Maybe we could do it another time? I'm beginning to get into online q3, its not as atrociously awful as I recall it (I guess 200 pings dont help either)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Jedi, I would *love* a CTF league. You are better off getting everyone interested to post you a mail stating that and then letting people sort teams from a list of serious players about it.

There's not a lot of interest in CTF in BiO. Not enough 'glory' in defending a flag (Even tho you get more points than a capture for defending and returning flags etc. smile.gif ) Personally, if I'm not playing clan matches with BiO, I'm playing CTF on some server somewhere.

Get the serious people in and keep us informed, It would be great!

biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya, thats it exactly imo. its the same story in FH, there are only a couple of ppl who like CTF (or who get the fps to play it). we'd be better off playing tdm.
    i know from experience that IR and a lot of other irish clans would find it very difficult to field 5 players every week for a clan ctf league.
    if u found out how many ppl actually like the game, then u could make random teams of 5 or something and stick with them for the league

Advertisement