Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent 'Metro' Edition

Options
  • 14-02-2004 12:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭

I went out and bought the new 'Metro' edition of the Irish Independent yesterday so I could have a quick look at the Business section on the way into work.

So there I was squashed into my little corner on the bus, glad I wasn't smacking the person in front over the head with the big Indo. I was flicking through the pages with relative ease when I finally got to the Business section. Genius, I thought to myself, sure why wouldn't you just stuff the full size version of the Business section into the middle of the small paper.

I looked around to see if there were any wry smiles on the faces of my fellow commuters, perhaps a giggle from an employee of the Independent as they realised they'd tricked another twat into buying their rag. But alas, no.

So I struggled on trying not to give the man in front a paper cut in the back of his neck. As I carefully leafed through the 747 edition of the Business section I caught a glance from a fellow passenger proudly reading his Irish Times. I felt ashamed... if my Father could see me now.. Needless to say I returned to my Times this morning, vowing never again to venture into the dark side.

Advertisement