Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping and related stuff

Options
  • 03-09-2000 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭

God..... I got a 56k and live in dublin... using Indigo... I cant play on ANY server around the world. Not even Barrysworld... I get 999 ping at once. Am I missing something here? Anyone that can help me out?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 icemancg

try checking your phone line for line noise

just left the handset a dail 2
    if u get line noise ring the basterds and give out to them

later
    icemancg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Try EsatClear as a isp, it has better routers to some of mainland uk and is cheaper, also it might be your modem, if its a HCF Winmodem or another software modem.

The only winmodem that is a exception is the LT (Lucent Technoligies) modem which is decent - i have one smile.gif.

It might also be you connecting to Indigo at too high or too low a rate, as sometimes I connect at 31.2k which gives 220 odd ping or over 46k which gives immense packet loss..

<< Arf Arf >>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Yeah, there are a couple of things you need to check in your config, like snaps, cl_maxpackets, rate etc.
    I think its usually
    snaps 20
    cl_maxpackets 30
    rate 2500-3000 for a modem

What make of modem is it, because some a sh1te altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Take a peep at http://www.lagless.com/

Advertisement