Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multiplayer games for the PS2

Options
  • 14-02-2004 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Like many other people, my friends and I are fans of Multipayer (using the multitap) games, but have found it difficult to find really good ones. For example there are very few paty games available. I would also like to a rally game but I've heard that you can't play 4-player simultaneously or they use ghost cars so theres no collisions. I was wondering does anyone have any (they dont need to be just rally or party games!!!) suggestions. Here is a list of what I already have;
    Fifa 2003 (unsure whether I should to ungrade/update)
    Timesplitters(unsure whether I should to ungrade/update)
    Tekken Tag
    Virtua Tennis 2
    Worms 3d

Crash Team Racing (PS1)
    Bomberman (PS1)

Thanks for your help.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well there's Gran Turismo 3, which is the only game apparently* that supports multiplayer over an iLink cable. Shame really as it's pretty damn good despite the fact that I never beat Dotc, even when I cheat by slamming him into a pole.

Oh get Hogs of War. It's originally for the PS1 but it's basically a 3d version of worms done quite well. You have to pass the controller around but it's a good laugh.

Haven't really looked into multi-tapping as we generally prefer x-box multi-player (Having 2x 25" tvs and currently 2x Ps2 and 2x X-box consoles helps)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Red faction 2 is good fun in multiplayer.
    Rassling games are surprisingly good for 4 players.
    Not much on PS2.

Try some old PS1 games.
    Bishi Bashi Special is fantastic if you can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Twisted metal black is a fantastic multiplayer game, but unfortunately the single player(which you will have to play through to get most of the features) has been completely ruined by censorship, but the multi player is just plain old brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

if you really want good 4 player games buy a gamecube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

well, for racing i reckon burnout2 is one of the best multiplayers u can get. me and the brother cant stop playin timesplitters2 which u should be able to pick up pretty cheap now, and of course pro evo3 which is by far the best single and multi player footie game available IMHO. oh and soul calibur2 if u want a beat'em up.
    have virtua tennis2 aswell such a great four player

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

how is pro evo3 4-player?
    i absolutely luv it 1 & 2 player (im possibly the best in the world)
    ive heard 4player is terrific, can u confirm?!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

yeah upgrade to timesplitters2 defo you can play story mode co-op and a hint on the first level when you reach the other side of the dam and go into the first building there is a snake cartdige on the self go to the computer and play it its cool

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

i remember playing v-rally four player when it was on the ps1 and that was great fun dunno bout the ps2 version.

most of the EA sports games are 8 player(with 2 multi-taps) like Fifa/NBA/NHL/Madden

Everquest: Champions of Norrath is a great 4 player co-op game. It's very similar to Balders Gate. There's some other gaunlet type games out there aswell for 4 people.

Here's a list of a few multi-tap games:

Quake 3
    Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
    Gaunlet: Dark Legacy
    Crash Nitro Kart
    WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain
    Tetris Worlds
    Shox
    ATV 2
    Downhill Domination

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

I reckon if you get PES3, you won't need any other multiplayer games at all ;)

It never loses its appeal, no matter how many times you play it (multiplayer).
    Especially if the players are fairly equally matched. If you keep getting beaten, it can get a bit sickening... not that i'd know anything about that, of course ;)

hacksaweddie: how can anyone make a claim like that? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭HacksawEddie

haha, u mean being the greatest?
    well, i usually beat all my friends most of the time, and i cant imagine anyone out their being much better than me if at all! (sorry..big head!)
    it would be cool if their were big tournaments available
    i think i remember seeing that in france they had massive annual tournaments
    ah, sure maybe if the next pro evo has online capabilities, then i'll me able to prove myself!

• Advertisement
Advertisement