Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPL & Ladders and Your Configs!

Options
  • 04-09-2000 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

We've added some new functionality to the PlayerOfGames Ladders, you can now save three of your config files for any game you want in plain text under your ladders profile.

This will come in useful for people competing this week in the CPL and in general for LAN events etc. Just copy your Quake 3 config, (or any config you like), into the text boxes under 'My Config' on ladders, ( www.playerofgames.com/ladders/ ), and click save.

you can access them at any time from anywhere after that and copy them into a file to exec within your game.

People should use CPL game results to update ladders too, they're duels after all, ain't they? *smile*.

This might fall to an admin of ladders to do on the day, or do it yerselves, decide on Sat. biggrin.gif

the config thing is pretty handy, I've already used it for getting my config when I was in a mates gaff over the weekend (Before it went live biggrin.gif ). Very useful indeed (I whipped his pasty white árse!).

hope it helps...

Lucutus of Borg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Very useful indeed (I whipped his pasty white árse!).

I want my belt back

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thanks Luc. Hopefully peoplefind this useful.

Whaddyall think?

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah, its a great idea. Cheers lucutus

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

so where's x_or, figment and Talliesin's reply?

guess the borg are slipping up.

bold collective no biscuit or something...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Oi Spod are you saying we're only replying to bump this back to the top?
    Welllll, it is a good community resource neh?

Wherever you are you can have your config... its like the Flying Fisherman fishing rod, now you'll never be without your config smile.gif

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

But I've had my config files on my website for 3 years... tongue.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

indeed kharn, and once discovered by me over 2 years ago during some heated late night browsing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Nice one with that config saving yoke Lucutus, useful for my weekly hard drive reformatting 3l33tness.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by Vorosha:
    indeed kharn, and once discovered by me over 2 years ago during some heated late night browsing

So it was you who had accessed my "special access" section... I hope you didn't mind me posting those pics I had of you and bubbles and Mindphuck... It generated a lot of hits. wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

Originally posted by DeVore:
    Oi Spod are you saying we're only replying to bump this back to the top?

yes

Welllll, it is a good community resource neh?

yes smile.gif

Wherever you are you can have your config... its like the Flying Fisherman fishing rod, now you'll never be without your config smile.gif

don't get me wrong, not knocking it at all, in fact it's great. I just was amused at the responses from misc.spinsol to keep it bumped up that's all. Mental images of you whipping people etc. usual really.

Anyway, I'm not much of a quaker so, guess I'ill wander off out of these here parts for a while.

although, I do have a .cfg file in a old college account somewhere, must see if it's still there when I start back in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Originally posted by spod:
    so where's x_or, figment and Talliesin's reply?

guess the borg are slipping up.

Quiet, p3on.

Advertisement