Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speeding Tickets!

Options
  • 14-02-2004 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

To my knowledge the following are the only ways you can be caught speeding:

1. Gatso Van
    2. Grey Boxes (Pillar boxes permantely at the side of the road)
    3. Squad Car (Radar or Laser)
    4. Squad Bike (Radar or Laser)
    5. Unmarked Car

My question is, from the methods above when is the speeding ticket issued to you?

Am I correct in saying that the Gatso Vans and Grey Boxes the tickets are issues weeks later but all the other methods the ticket must be issued when you are caught.

The reason I ask is because I saw a BMW M3 doing about 100 mph pass a garda with hairdryer and they did noting.

So can they still issue the ticket to the guy in the BMW even thought they did not pull him over straight away?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Yes they can, if they caught his reg number. I got busted that way (on a bike) a couple of years ago.

Advertisement