Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probot

• 14-02-2004 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

I picked up the probot album yesterday, Dave Grohl's metal side project. I think it's pretty kewel! Crono's song centeries of sin and lemmy's shake your blood are great, anyone else heard it? What do yis think? Who's on the hidden track?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I first heard it a few weeks ago, I think it's very good. In my opinion, the King Diamond track is the best, really cool song. I haven't heard the bonus track, but I heard ages ago that Jack Black is on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

That who I think it is. It's a cool album!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

the Max cavelera track, red war is great, really old school sepultura

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

yeh i heard Red War too, thought it sounded great, love the wee pauses in it.

so is it worth getting? might head into town and purchase.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I only heard the Max Cavalera song Red War, and I didn't think much of it at all. Though in saying that, I've never been much of a Sepultura fan. I'd probably get the album, even if it's just to hear the King Diamand, Chronos and Lemmy songs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

It's a noble effort. Each tune is reminiscent of the original band without just being totally derivative. For me it's Snake (Voivod) Wino (The Obsessed) and Eric Wagner (Trouble) who steal the show. Still, it's about time the likes of Voivod, Celtic Frost, Venom, The Obsessed, Trouble, D.R.I. etc got some overdue recognition. Fair play Mr. Grohl.

It's well worth picking up, even as an introduction to bands you may never have heard of before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

Awaiting stock to arrive into play.com so they can send it to me.
    /me taps foot impatiently.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

Heard red war with Max on it. Those drums are from that Queens of the stone age song (can't remember the name of it)!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

Red War is definitely a rip off of a sepultura song from the roots album. Overall the album's pretty good. The hidden track with Jack Black is very good.
    ....I am the warlock!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭Shred

I really like the album, it's one of those albums that makes your heart swell 'cos it's good metal.

The Max Cavelera tune is awesome, as is the Cronos tune - each song is tailor made for each of the vocalists, the Lemmy tune being the best example.

Well worth picking up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

very good album.. could have been great, but it's good. dave grohl did a good job on this one.. i'd recommend it for purchasing..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

Ive only heard the one with Lemmy, and isnt Tom Arya on it somewhere? I didnt know that DRI were on the album, must go pick it up, man DRI, their tune Acid Rain is one of my fav tunes ever, took me about 6 months to find it online!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Senbotsu

The cd kicks my fave tracks are; Red War Silent Spring and Shake your Blood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

heard one song....I mainly remember that the drumming was pretty damn good.......really angry. meh, Ive heard good things so far... might be tempted....:dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Quatre Mains

- speaking of Eric Wagner, Trouble are back together making a new album. :D

http://www.newtrouble.com/

Advertisement