Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your colour of choice?

• 14-02-2004 9:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Just out of interest, does anybody else like playing with one particular colour over the others?

I've always preferred blue since the heady days of Fact or Fiction, so I was fairly bemused when they dropped Counterspell and Prodigal Sorcerer. But life goes on, and I'm still using the colour in Affinity and Power Conduit decks, even if it needs backup from black and green respectively. Call me cheap all you want, but you can't beat the colour with four cards in the Power 9.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

white and green are my favourite colours. Nothing like morphing root elemental and using the morph ability to put akroma into play to dishearten your opponent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Red for a speed based deck, black if i need to go a little slower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I love all five colours tbh (hmm this could be a Benetton ad...), but more often than not I'd find myself going for Black or Green. Black for the spells, some of which are particularly nice, and Green for the monsters (naturally).

}:>

i like the red creatures myself, nothing as funny as stopping a huge creature with a 1/1 gobbo

i once had 10 units in play, then used goblin war strike. my friend hates me for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Havelock

Started as Blue player (Counters and Drakes)
    Built a few balck Zombie decks,
    Decided to venture out, and have a visious fast breeding Gobbo deck with 4 brightstones and 4 war strikes
    Curerntly have that Goblin Deck, my newly made Elf deck, a white soilders deck and my Black/White Cleric deck, but my favourite is stil my Blues (Wizards)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

White!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

White/Blue all the way.

Nothing like Counter & Mass Removal.
    Card Draw & Life gain.

Tis a nice combination*

*Failing that White Green

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Started as blue then went to heavy artifacts/blue then white for a while and now thinking of something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

umm,

my favourite combination was BLue/Red

i luved mixing up the Blue (im gunna **** u up cards) with damage cards (fireballs ect, with fork as well).
    i never spent much on card so i only really had 2 decent cards (fork and control creature)

but those decks were built (eek) in 95/96 when i was in collage.

am so way behind whats current.

but i still ocasionally play with the misses, she specialized in Green and Green/red.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭Tails

White and blue for me. Counter spells from blue and health gain/prevention from white works for me at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MatthewVII

im a big fan of black meeself, especially cards like Grave Pact and Barter in Blood. with the dawn of mirrodin block though, ive moved onto blue artfiact, if solely for the cards Quicksilver Fountain, Power Conduit and Vedalken Engineer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭sephirosis

currently im a fan of red.
    as a new player, i dismissed it initially, but since mirrodin, cards like seething song will work well with green for acceleration, its got some artifact removal for pesky platinum angels and has some of the few ways (that a noob like me knows of at least) for removing indestructible creatures in grab the reins and decree of annihilation, and of course direct damage certainly never hurts (well, never hurts you at least).

also i like black now since it works really well with artifacts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Tummon

White and green are my colours of choice,
    but white(because i love the angel cards) is the one i play with most.

Saying this ive never seen a black/red mix do that bad(even if i do crush them all in play) they are a great mix by the look of things.

worked pretty well for me, until i moved onto my full black deck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Tummon

Full black......hmmmm,
    have yet to see that not die quick, but thats cause of speedy reds and greens,
    and that the black player wasnt that good.
    Where do all you's live and what ages are you?

Im in Dublin and im 15(16 in like 20days)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Raife

Green & White Deck.

A few worms. Its a novice deck, but fun to play with, have'nt played it in around a year though.

Plus a Black & Blue Deck.

Around a year old, have never got to use it, its a slightly modded pre-con deck.

recently im finding that a blue/black artifact deck rules - using disciple of the vault with ravager, then using skeleton shard (best card ever) to keep cycling and stuff. affinity creatures also help for beatdown, and blue rebound and black kill spells help loads to keep control of the board. very effective

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

White! I use Blue too but White is by far my favourite.

do u play White Weenie or White Control?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

I have a lovely little white/blue control deck, havn't changed it much in years.
    people hate playing agianst it, don't belive me?

i have Havelock as a refrence :D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement