Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gay people

Options
  • 14-02-2004 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭

i dont agree with homosexuality. i think its bad that kids are exposed to t.v. shows with gay people like " will and grace" or "queer eye for the straight guy".
    i just think its wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Any reasons for this ?

I have to agree with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. I think though that its not just kids, they should protect everyone from seeing that. [qmr]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

Do you have a reason why?

And, um, are you actually serious?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

*cough*
    Troll.

Although, I do agree with the statement about protecting people from Queer Eye...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by Samson
    Although, I do agree with the statement about protecting people from Queer Eye...
    Heh, why do you say that - promotes stereotyping too much? I find it did that so much that it became parody and was, subsequently, hilarious.

Originally posted by ixoy
    Heh, why do you say that - promotes stereotyping too much? I find it did that so much that it became parody and was, subsequently, hilarious.

So do you not mind when all your mates call you Carson now ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Originally posted by spooiirt!!
    i dont agree with homosexuality. i think its bad that kids are exposed to t.v. shows with gay people like " will and grace" or "queer eye for the straight guy".
    i just think its wrong.

Mmmm. Eau du Troll.

I find it terrible that children are exposted to TV shows with heterosexuals like that Friends program. Ban it! Burn the heterosexuals!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Originally posted by yellum
    So do you not mind when all your mates call you Carson now ?
    Oi! Watch it! I'm far from a Carson.... Any comparision is purely based on the vast gulf that exists between us. I would thump the person who gave me that name, that I can say honestly.
    Still begs the question: can the show be viewed as parody?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

yes Carson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭spooiirt!!

i gotta work harder on me trollin.
    " i dont agree with homosexuality" what a larf.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i'm hetrosexual and i personally think "will and grace" is quite funney

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭vgar

Originally posted by spooiirt!!
    i just think its wrong.

I don't agree with having to pay tax on my hard earned money or evolution rendering the human body with no offensive or defensive capabilities such as tiger's claws, but what can you do about it????

If your whole qualm here is about what "kids are exposed to" go talk to the kids parents and not the homosexual community. If kids are given free reign of what to watch on tv I personally would be more worried about them watching five minutes of Sex and the City than a whole series of Will and Grace.

If you don't agree with homosexuality that is perfectly fine. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions and feelings toward something. But don't use kids as your excuse! You obviously have your own issues with homosexuals and using kids as your only excuse is a cop out and shows your lack of ability to express your own opinions in a form that will get your point across and be excepted by everyone else.

Again, I have no problem with you expressing your opinions even if you are of the view that homosexuality is wrong. But if you are going to come onto the gay and lesbian board and simply leave a message putting down the majority of people who use the board then at least have an adult converstation about it and state your reasons so it can be discussed in a mature fashion.

Ooops, just re-read the thread and saw you were taking the piss! After me going and taking the time to type out that previous thread! God damn it! :-) lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

i think its bad that kids are exposed to t.v. shows with gay people like " will and grace" or "queer eye for the straight guy".
    Queer eye for the straight guy is just wrong, and I don't see what's so funny about Will & Grace. Try to keep the trolling down though. It can be so costly to keep trolls fed.

[troll]
    I don't agree with homosexuality. All gays should be locked up*.
    [/troll]

*In my bedroom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Originally posted by swiss
    Queer eye for the straight guy is just wrong, and I don't see what's so funny about Will & Grace. Try to keep the trolling down though. It can be so costly to keep trolls fed.

hum talknig about TV what do people think about Queer as Folk? I never saw the second season.

compairing it with sitComs, etc.

I loved the first season, but I never saw the second season. Apparently its only one 1 hour long episode (not really a full season). Is this right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 everythinglive

Im not homosexual, but i dont have a problem with homosexuality. If you dont agree with it, get off this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Queer Eye is a great show, i mean it represents the gay community so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Now that's good trolling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'll tell you what I don't get about Will & Grace. Debra Messing is rather fit (she's improved quite a bit since her guest spot on Seinfeld a few years ago). On prima facie evidence I'd quite happily make the beast with two backs with her. Meanwhile, even as a straight bloke I can see that the bloke who plays Will is good-looking (I'd normally be rather terrible at this). She appears to have her own business designing something or other, he's some kind of lawyer.

So we've got two non-ugly people with good careers and no-obvious character faults apart from a tendency towards narcissism who never (or at least rarely) seem to get any sex with anyone. And this in a show that at least has sexuality, if not sexual congress and rumpy-pumpy, as one of its ongoing themes.

Doesn't this seem, er, odd to anyone else? What are these sekrit flaws that we're not getting to see? Does Grace have a peepee and does Will have a hoohoo?

Oh yeah, "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" is awful awful stuff. Ought to be banned along with any other blind date or makeover shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

American shows don't mind gays as long as they seem never to have sex. And I suppose it would look unfair if Grace was off shagging all the time. End result: nobody gets any action.

Not that I watch it of course :cool: . Just speculating, like.

• Advertisement

I think 'Will and Grace' have had Karen and Grace kissing more often than they've had two boys kissing.... huh.

But karens the greatest.

Originally posted by yellum
    But karens the greatest.

Hey, I wasn't *complaining* about the girl-kissing, just commenting. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I like Queer Eye, tis funny. Last week's episode had Kylie Minogue giving the style tips with the boys at the end -- she's gotta keep the gay fans happy right? ;)

Quote from last week:

SGDJ (Straight Guy Du Jour) was making cocktails and he had to put salt around the top of the glasses, so he was rolling them in a bowl of salt. The Fab Five are watching from the Fab Loft..

Carson: "Ooh he's rimming"
    Thom: "Everyone loves a good rim job"

I thought that was pretty damn funny :D

Oh, and Kayan is mmmmmm sexy. More topless yoga sessions please :p

Re: Will & Grace, I thought this season was a little better than the last one, but the only really good ones are the first two. F**K OFF Madonna & other lame-ass celebrity guest stars. Read that Sharon Osbourne is gonna be playing a lesbian waitress in an episode next season :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭The Song Thrush

Originally posted by vgar
    I loved the first season, but I never saw the second season. Apparently its only one 1 hour long episode (not really a full season). Is this right?
    Actually the second season had two hour-long episodes. But they weren't as good as the first season anyway....

Advertisement