Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVDs for €10.56 !

• 14-02-2004 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

www.dvd9.com have dvds minus cases for €10.56 including postage to Ireland. Any one have any experience of these guys. They seem to be in LA but the website is very limited on info. Con ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

if it's cheap R1 dvds you are after - almost nothing beats dvdsoon.com - shipps from canada, shipping included in price. Great shop, used them very often
    btw 1CAD = ~60c here

that shop looks dodgy - dvd's minus cases? no thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

dvd9.com sell pirates/copies for certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

It seems so but I have seen their name mentioned on previous threads. Surely someone out there can verify whether it is legit or not. SOmeone told me that if there is credit card details on the site that the credit card company would be liable if there was a fraud. I can't find anything about the site on the net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by SteM
    dvd9.com sell pirates/copies for certain.
    Are you sure about that?

I'm asking as they have the platinum Beauty and the Beast for $16.99 and I wouldn't mind getting my hands on it. The site mentions that they include the case insert but not the actual cases which at least sounds plausible for cheaper shipping from their point of view. I don't want to spend that money on a pirated version but I'd happily get it if it was a proper version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

R1 beauty and the beast (disney) platinum editon is OOP (out of print) for 2 years allready, no shop has stock of it and they go for 25$+ on ebay.
    further - did you notice that most dvd's don't have any description which version it is? eg. special ed, coll.ed or in case of disney dvds plat.ed. and so on - extremely dodgy
    as for the artwork - if they are connected enough to sell pressed dvd9's (which I guess it would be) then it's nothing to get the coverart printed on good paper in comparable quality
    if you do order - check if the coverart has rounded edges ;)

100% sure that dvd9.com is a pirate shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by sceptre
    Are you sure about that?

Positive. They were mentioned on another forum, I tried them and they are knockoffs - and some of them were not very good ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Thanks for that info guys. A few reputable sites like dvdsoon have the disc at a sub-€20 price in any case.

As SteM said, a knockoff is one thing (and this would be an overpriced knockoff) - a crappy knockoff is worse again:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

As against all that, I got Terminator 3, Harry Potter 2 and a couple of Disney classics from them. The Harry Potter was supposed to be a 2-disc set but they were out of stock, so they sent the single disc version and refunded the difference to my CC. The DVDs themselves were of full quality, if Region 1 and NTSC. They were commercial DVD's - not DVD-R, and were properly printed on the surface. The content was a bit skimpy, as there were a number of languages beyond English - Thai and Chinese I recall. The package was a jiffy bag mailed from Malaysia. This origin might account for the Eastern languages, and the unusual versions.

I had no problems with playing, and all four cost US$12.00 each, which came to about €10.00 each. So, take your chances, I will use them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

looks dodgy...
    what is the special orders part of the site about ? link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

On another message board someone has posted the following:

"I E-mailed them this morning and they replied back
    (a) they are copies
    (b) they are located in Asia."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭dsab

They make a windfall with them. DVD 9 Copies go in Malaysia normally for 2 Euros, and in thailand for around 3.

Maybe it`s cheaper to buy a ticket to thailand, and buy them directly. :-)

I tried Vietnamonlinestore a few times now. The DVD`s are 1.99. Just don`t order anything that is not even in the Cinemas. Normally I send them an email, and ask them for the grade of quality. If it is not 100%, they say it honestly. DVD`s are 1.99 USD plus 1 USD for Shipping. Very happy with their service. Had only 1 Stinker out of 40 so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

Hey where is this website from vietnam that you can buy dvds? Intrested in that if the are cheap!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

Just had a look at Vietnamonlinestore.com and to get into the media section you need a username and password. Went searching the net for one and found media/vos. but that doesnt work any more. Any ideas? Cheers :>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement