Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating

Options
  • 14-02-2004 11:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Im thinking of repeating, has anyone done it.
    Would you do it in the same school

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm doing it at the moment.

If I had made it into college last year, I don't think I would have lasted. The extra year has given me the ability to step back, get a new perspective.

It's rough for a while, when all your friends move on into college, but I've seen what's happened to people who had a similar attitude to me, they didn't last.

Consider DEEPLY whether it's worth it or not for you though, a lot of people get disheartened this time of year. I'm feeling it a bit too :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

depends.

I repeated just maths 2 years ago.

prolly the best thing i could have done. I did the exam in the same skool for handiness sake but I did grinds for 3 nights a week for 6 months Jan - Jun.

if you feel that you've done your best first time round...you'd wanna think long and damn hard about repeating cos the pressure is really on second time round.

you'd prolly be better of looking for some type of work but it prolly wont be in the field you want unless you're lucky.

given it's only feb, you have time to get your shit together so you wont have to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I dunno. I go to Bruce college so there's a LOT of people repeating. There's no shame in it. I'd love to have that to fall back on but I don't have the cash for another year so... If I don't get what I want, I'm fairly handy at art so I'll do a portfolio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Nike_Dude

I repeated in the same school as I did the leaving in. It was definatly worth it, but it all depends on how badly you want that course, how many points you are off it and how hard you are willing to work.
    If I had made it into college last year, I don't think I would have lasted. The extra year has given me the ability to step back, get a new perspective.
    Yeah another good reason to repeat too, lots of people just arent ready for college, or are not sure what they want to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Last august i was excited at the prospect of going to university sadly the offers we`rnt good to me. i tought about taking a dip/cert course but i decided to repeat(it was a tough decision) im already disheartened cos im not sure if i will do enough to get into my course. I thought that this year id be working my socks off but i dont seem to be learning my lesson. I just hope its not too late to pull my socks up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement